Does this barista dig me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 1:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

incanada
    incanada
    Participant
    January 6, 2019 at 1:03 am #191963

Tricky when people are PAID to be nice to you. Also, there’s always lineups and you can’t really get into any real kind of talking with a girl. I like her but does she like me?

1st time in for coffee – struck up chat about coffee and she recommends something. We talk about art cuz that’s what I do. I sit and she comes over for more pics about art and chatting. On Instagram she ends up ‘liking’ some posts from where I work but only ones with me in them (I think I’m trying to read too much there).

2nd time in for coffee 2 weeks later – she remembers her recommendation to me. I sit and she does the ‘walks around with samples’ thing but stops at me last so she can put it down. We chat holidays. I’m going away and she’s says that I’ll ‘be missed’.

3rd time in for coffee 2 weeks later after holidays – asks about my trip. Brief chat about holidays and she says she was worried she’d be alone without family. I stand and wait for my order and she comes around to show me her art on her phone. I ask when I can see it in person and she says I should remind her to bring it in for me.

I think I’m good. Thoughts?

• This topic was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by incanada incanada.
    Jason93
    Jason93
    Participant
    January 6, 2019 at 7:28 am #191970

I would say yes. There’s a difference between basic customer service and showing genuine interest. Think about it, she viewed your art on her own free time, she took the time to open up to you (family and holidays comment) and she remembers you out of all the people who chat her up. My advice, stop going for coffee and ask her out (not for coffee, something else). It definitely sounds like you have a chance to stoke her interest.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 6, 2019 at 1:46 pm #191978

Do YOU dig the barista? That’s the real question.

If you want something you have to go for it.
    Nothing ventured, nothing gained.
    You’re better off finding out where you stand than to be left wondering.
    Rejection saves everyone time and most guys don’t (want) to be in the “friend zone” anyway.

The problem with a lot of guys today is they want a “sure thing” before approaching women.
    Some of this may be due to the #MeToo and #TimesUp movements.
    The last thing any guy wants is to be accused of is sexual harassment while attempting to compliment or be flirtatious.
    Essentially any rejection is the result of an “unwelcomed approach” by someone!

Nevertheless women are not going to ask you to (ask them) for their phone number.
    In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

Best wishes!

fundoc
    fundoc
    Participant
    January 7, 2019 at 2:11 pm #192073

I agree with the above comments. Do consider if it doesn’t go the way you want, there won’t be too much discomfort or awkwardness if you’re planning to frequent this place in the future. Good luck!

85crt
    85crt
    Participant
    January 9, 2019 at 12:09 am #192195

Ask her out and let us know.

I am horrible at reading signals. I’m always wrong. And I can tell you if I was in your shoes, I’d probably think maybe there was a shot and go for it

So I say..go for it and I’ll be curious to see. Because that’s the hardest thing, knowing what’s just talking or flirting or friendly vs. genuine interest.

incanada
    incanada
    Participant
    January 11, 2019 at 12:02 am #192418

Thanks for the solid advice friends.
    It’s been about a week and I’ve made no effort to stop in to where she works. I guess I’m just gonna leave it and if I run into her I’ll see what happens. I may be guilty of avoiding it on purpose just cuz it’s easier or cuz I won’t look creepy or desperate. Who’s to say.

• This reply was modified 8 months, 2 weeks ago by incanada incanada.