Does this guy like me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Does this guy like me?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 8:38 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Melody87
    Melody87
    Participant
    August 17, 2018 at 4:51 pm #181881
    Does this guy like me?

While he was saying something to me, I randomly furrowed my eyebrows, then he furrowed his eyebrows right after me. After I relaxed my face, he relaxed his. I also had my head tilted to show that I was listening to him and taking an interest in what he was saying. Soon after, he tilted his head to the side in the same direction, so both of our heads were tilted at the same time. Sometimes, he’d also use a few of the same words that I’d use whenever he’d talk to me. He breathes heavily whenever I’m near him. If he’s just standing there and I walk up to him to talk to him, he starts taking these deep breathes at first, then it’d go away later. One time, while he was talking to me about an interest of his, his voice got deeper than normal. During this, in the middle of a short sentence, he paused to take a deep breath and then he’d finish the rest of his sentence while he’d breath out. He’s been in a long relationship, but I don’t know if he likes me or if this is just nothing?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    August 17, 2018 at 10:13 pm #181884

At this point I wouldn’t read anything into this. He hasn’t exactly hit on you or flirted with you.
    Maybe he’s intentionally or subconsciously doing what is called “mirroring”.

This technique is something often taught to sales people as a {subtle way} to quickly establish rapport with a prospect.
    Generally speaking the prospect in this case (you) are not usually consciously aware it’s being done.
    Theoretically the person walks away feeling like they’ve met a “kindred spirit” and (likes them) because they’re “the same”.
    Mirroring their expressions, using their tone, vocabulary and so on supposedly makes it easier for them to buy whatever you’re offering them

Ultimately if you have to “figure a guy out” it means he’s not “into you”.
    A woman shouldn’t have to be a “mind reader” in order to find a man.

adgj
    adgj
    Participant
    August 19, 2018 at 12:09 pm #181898

you just described exactly what is going on with me and a beautiful lady in the office.. the circumstances are very close to your description, I’ve been in a long -dead- relationship, if you asked me, I’d say I really like her a lot!

Melody87
    Melody87
    Participant
    August 20, 2018 at 8:30 pm #181981

adgj, I’m very sorry to hear that your relationship isn’t going so well. I hope you find the love and happiness that you are seeking and deserve.

If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your profession? I’m just curious.

adgj
    adgj
    Participant
    August 20, 2018 at 9:59 pm #181983

adgj, I’m very sorry to hear that your relationship isn’t going so well. I hope you find the love and happiness that you are seeking and deserve.

If you don’t mind me asking, what’s your profession? I’m just curious.

These are beatiful wishes, thank you so much. Likewise I wish you all the happiness and love. I’m in financial srvs, what about you? You also got me curious, is it someone you work with, do you run into each other often? Would love to hear more! I find myself wanting to go to work just to see her.

Melody87
    Melody87
    Participant
    August 21, 2018 at 8:52 am #181984

At college, this guy and I became pretty good friends. It all started after he and I went on a nature walk together in the middle of the winter. After that, we both started talking to each other more as the months continued on. He’s in the same dorm building as I am and we hang out together sometimes. I’ve always enjoyed spending time with him. He makes me happy.

adgj
    adgj
    Participant
    August 21, 2018 at 1:06 pm #182085

Melody87, I also started getting closer to her since winter.. would have loved a nature walk but it gets pretty cold and snows around here, perhaps you have more of a mild winter climate.
    Do you have common friends, are you friends on facebook? does he ever talk/mention about his relationship, to you or your friends and or posts on facebook? or is it that he never mentions anything about his current situation and just talks to you about other things.. does he try to find ways to spend some time with you?
    As I type, I realize I do these things.. being in a professional environment though it is just not easy to do much more..
    if you enjoy spending time with him and feel he makes you happy you should explore your opportunities more, maybe he feels the same. For instance
    every time we see each other she -and I- have this glorious smile it just makes my day!

Melody87
    Melody87
    Participant
    August 21, 2018 at 1:36 pm #182087

Hey, what a coincidence! This happened in Grand Rapids, MI, which is where my college is at. The winters can get kind of rough around here, but there are some days where it’s not so bad. That day was one of those days were the weather was nicer out. Although, it was still pretty chilly even while we were walking around. We had to do it as a dorm group to earn more points as a part of an environmental competition against the other dorms. He was in the same dorm building that I was in.

I am friends with him on Facebook, but he deactivated it recently for his own reasons, I don’t really know why. He talked to me about his relationship at first, but now he doesn’t say too much about it. He mainly just talks to me about other things. We don’t spend a whole lot of time together, but we do try to get together every once in awhile. I don’t know if I’m going to see him again this upcoming year because I’ll be living in a different area across campus.

adgj
    adgj
    Participant
    August 21, 2018 at 4:36 pm #182126

that should be colder than NY metro where I am, if he doesn’t talk about her its prob because he either doesn’t have anything good to bring up (like ‘we went to.. or did this great thing’ cause they just don’t do any more.. or simply cause purposely looking for a change.. and we all want to be with someone that makes us happy!
    You could bring up something from facebook you saw and mention he missed it.. might be a chance to talk about what happened there and he might open up more. Speaking of facebook, I had sent her a friend request couple months back and after few days with no reply (and no sleep..) I just canceled the friend request; I’ m sure she must have seen it but thought pretty odd not to accept it

Melody87
    Melody87
    Participant
    August 21, 2018 at 4:44 pm #182130
    Reply To: Does this guy like me?

You don’t know for sure! She could have just not been on Facebook throughout that time period and was most likely busy doing some other things. Otherwise, I’m sure she would have accepted your friend request if she were to be on Facebook.

What’s she like? How long have you known each other?

Melody87
    Melody87
    Participant
    August 21, 2018 at 4:57 pm #182135

Have you talked to her about your feelings towards her?

Melody87
    Melody87
    Participant
    August 21, 2018 at 5:50 pm #182142

Btw, I’m not crushing on him or anything like that, I only see him as a cool friend (sorry for throwing out so many replies all at once).

adgj
    adgj
    Participant
    August 22, 2018 at 8:25 am #182143

no worries.. many replies are ok!

adgj
    adgj
    Participant
    August 22, 2018 at 8:25 am #182152

I think she must have seen it.. not sure what or why.. thought maybe she is in a relationship, but then again it was just a facebook friend request..
    I have known her few years, it wasn’t until she moved to another dept closer to me sometime this past winter and to be honest when I saw her nearby I just couldn’t break eye contact.. we run into each other from time to time and theres always a glowing -light your day- smile. She always smiles, laughs with whatever I say, smirks, gets kinda nervous playing fixing with her hair (guess I get kinda nervous too.. see your description above!), hods long eye contact.. and this is all in a professional environment, that pretty much describes all we know about our feelings.. wish I was still in college would have been a lot easier to approach further

adgj
    adgj
    Participant
    August 22, 2018 at 8:25 am #182154

I think she must have seen it.. not sure what or why.. thought maybe she is in a relationship, but then again it was just a facebook friend request..
    I have known her few years, it wasn’t until she moved to another dept closer to me sometime this past winter and to be honest when I saw her nearby I just couldn’t break eye contact.. we run into each other from time to time and theres always a glowing -light your day- smile. She always smiles, laughs with whatever I say, smirks, gets kinda nervous playing fixing with her hair (guess I get kinda nervous too.. see your description above!), hods long eye contact.. and this is all in a professional environment, that pretty much describes all we know about our feelings.. wish I was still in college would have been a lot easier to approach further

1 2