Does this guy like me?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Does this guy like me?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 2:02 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Melody87
    Melody87
    Participant
    August 22, 2018 at 10:50 am #182228
    Reply To: Does this guy like me?

It seems like you guys would make a cute couple 🙂 I’m sure she likes you very much too! I wish workplaces wouldn’t have to make it so hard for coworkers to have relationships with each other, but rules are rules. I’m glad you’ve found each other though! I don’t know if this is possible, knowing already that forming a relationship is pretty limited within the workplace, but what about outside of the workplace? Maybe you both could text/call each other. If you’re able to, then you could catch up to her outside of the building after work as your both walking to your cars or something like that. While you’re chatting with her, you could ask for her phone number and see if she would willing to text you only outside of work in a friendly manner for the moment.

Melody87
    Melody87
    Participant
    August 22, 2018 at 10:54 am #182229

I would give this friend request another go. Maybe this time around you could wait a little bit longer. Maybe let that sit there for about a week or a week and a half. Then, if she doesn’t accept the request by then, you could undo if you’d like. Personally, that’s what I would do. Maybe she’s not on a whole lot and only goes on occasionally. Even if she were to be in a relationship, I’m sure she would still be happy to accept your request. Are you friends with any other coworkers on Facebook? Is she? Do you have any other forms of social media like Twitter or Instagram?

Melody87
    Melody87
    Participant
    August 22, 2018 at 11:46 am #182236

My friend has also done other things that I’m not quite sure of. Like one time we were both sitting, facing each other in a room by ourselves. He was talking to me about politics. After he was done talking, he started staring at me and he tilted his head to the side while he was smiling and he crinkled his eyes for a second. He looked at me like this for about 8 seconds. Then, he started talking again about some other random topic. He’s never looked at me like that before. What does that mean? He has also given me a hug once (we don’t hug often). But, I was sad about something and he invited me in with open arms. I placed my arms under his arms and around his upper back and he had his in the same spot. Our bodies were super close together, heads touching. I told him “thank you” and he nodded. Then, he pulled me in closer to him and hugged me tighter. I felt his hands slide down to my waist. He placed his head over my shoulder and I felt his chin near the back of my neck.

Melody87
    Melody87
    Participant
    August 22, 2018 at 11:47 am #182237

(Part 2):
    Then, he placed his chin away from my neck and rested it over my shoulder and let out this deep sigh and held me for a little bit longer. After that, he released the hug by slowly letting go of my waist.

adgj
    adgj
    Participant
    August 22, 2018 at 4:31 pm #182272

It seems like you guys would make a cute couple ?…

-glad to have what I have for the moment.. I just haven’t found an opportunity to take this outside of work, guess the ‘easier to ask for forgiveness than permission’ would apply elsewhere (like college!) but in the workplace it is more ‘better safe than sorry’

adgj
    adgj
    Participant
    August 22, 2018 at 4:42 pm #182274

I would give this friend request another go…

we have a couple common friends on facebook (I only do FB) it feels awkward to friend request again.. last time I had sent and few days later cancelled, I remember seeing her in the office and she paused for a moment like she wanted to say or ask me something but I didn’t really stop.. so she never did..
    funny things is I have noticed some other girls she is friends with at work if it happens they are around us say inline by the water cooler they just leave and I end up just with her (dont know what to think, but girls talk!)

adgj
    adgj
    Participant
    August 22, 2018 at 4:50 pm #182277

My friend has also done other things that I’m not quite sure of. Like one time we were both sitting, facing each other in a room by ourselves. He was talking to me about politics. After he was done talking, he started staring at me and he tilted his head to the side while he was smiling and he crinkled his eyes for a second. He looked at me like this for about 8 seconds…

-gets lost in your eyes? I had that happen to me couple weeks ago, she was talking to me a about something for a while and all I could do was get lost in her eyes, I responded pls repeat I kinda got lost there!

adgj
    adgj
    Participant
    August 22, 2018 at 4:52 pm #182278

(Part 2):
    Then, he placed his chin away from my neck and rested it over my shoulder and let out this deep sigh and held me for a little bit longer. After that, he released the hug by slowly letting go of my waist.

– wasn’t this was your moment! I think you need to find more and let things be, I’m sure he likes you a lot!

Melody87
    Melody87
    Participant
    August 22, 2018 at 5:16 pm #182283

If either you or her were to ever end up moving to some other department, would it be alright for the both of you to pursue a relationship then?
    If the both of you were to agree upon pursuing a relationship, one of you could quit, but only temporarily. You guys could move in together and once the both of you are ready, you guys could seek marriage.Then, you or her could go back to the main job. It’s okay to work together while being married, right? But also, friendship is good too, just being around her.

I believe the reason for why her friends had left once you came around to see her was because they most likely knew that you liked her and she probably talks to them about you (like you said, girls talk) so they were giving you both some space. In high school, I had a guy that I really liked and he liked me too. He and his friends were talking in a group and once I came out of class and walked towards him, they left right away after they saw me coming and it was just me and him.

adgj
    adgj
    Participant
    August 22, 2018 at 9:12 pm #182293

Yeah I think she probably talks with her friends at work, I dont think its a department issue, more of how to get some rather alone time outside of work..
    Ive been considering a job change and even a relocation to another metro area (long story)

Melody87
    Melody87
    Participant
    August 23, 2018 at 3:25 pm #182426

All in all, I’d say it’d be your choice to ask her after work to go out and do something with her (e.i. getting coffee, eating out, going for a walk at a trail or park). And who knows, perhaps one day she’ll ask you if you’d like to do something with her! But yes, in this case it would be good to be cautious. I suppose just let things run naturally and if it’s meant to be, it’ll be. I really do hope everything works out for you.

Efteee
    Efteee
    Participant
    August 23, 2018 at 3:48 pm #182435

Yes, he does.

adgj
    adgj
    Participant
    August 23, 2018 at 7:15 pm #182489

All in all, I’d say it’d be your choice to ask her after work to go out and do something with her (e.i. getting coffee, eating out, going for a walk at a trail or park). And who knows, perhaps one day she’ll ask you if you’d like to do something with her! But yes, in this case it would be good to be cautious. I suppose just let things run naturally and if it’s meant to be, it’ll be. I really do hope everything works out for you.

– me too! I’m just trying to find a moment I could ask or walk with her outside.. I think she also might know about my relationship which I know has to end since it is dead already.. that probably gets her confused

I have a feeling come September you will have some good progress!

Melody87
    Melody87
    Participant
    August 23, 2018 at 8:27 pm #182491

And you will I’m sure! Things will come together in no time. Stay positive. 🙂

Yes, I’m hoping and praying! Thank you so much taking the time to help me out with your kind words and advice. I really appreciate it!

ninocapo
    ninocapo
    Participant
    August 24, 2018 at 8:04 pm #182638

these are all very good signs by the way. if he is mirroring you a lot, that means he is either consciously or unconsciously interested in you. doesn’t always mean he is into you the same way you are into him, but at least this is a very good sign that he finds you very interesting. maybe you can try to get him hangout with your group of friends or something to see how he would react to other girls. maybe another thing is to be low key flirtatious with him and see if that sparks something. sometimes guys can have the hardest mental blocks when they have a crush o a girls and instead of getting closer to the girl they actually do the opposite. good luck!

1 2