Does this mean she doesn’t want to see me again?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2020 at 4:13 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Clueless50
    Clueless50
    Participant
    January 30, 2020 at 8:21 pm #228702

Hi all! Thanks for the replies in advance. I went out on an online date, and just to be completely honest, I think she got carried away with expectations on the messenger.

Anyway, we had a nice first date though I could tell she was antsy, maybe nervous, maybe not interested.

I wanted to confirm plans for a second date but she said she couldn’t for family reasons.

I texted her back that I totally understand

She wrote back “You’re such a kind person, I am grateful to have had the chance to meet you:)”

Should I just take the hint? Or am I overthinking it

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 30, 2020 at 9:19 pm #228706

“You’re such a kind person, I am grateful to have had the chance to meet you:)”

That sounds like someone who has absolutely NO romantic interest in YOU!

Ordinarily a person mentions how much fun they had or the great time they had after a date (if they’re interested).
    In addition under circumstances such as this a person who wants to see you would offer up other potential dates to meet.

What she did do was offer you a polite rejection rather than “ghosting” you.

“…and just to be completely honest, {I think she got carried away with expectations} on the messenger.”

Those words do not provide any real clarity nor explain why (you) believe she had higher expectations.
    Was she expecting to go to a nicer place?, expecting you to be more attractive? more romantic?
    At any rate it doesn’t sound like you’re too surprised she has no interest in going out with you again.

In a world with over 7 billion people rejection just means: Next!
    Move on…

Sanny_L
    Sanny_L
    Participant
    February 16, 2020 at 9:04 pm #229727

As a girl, I think she is trying to not sound too eager, as you mentioned, she seemed nervous, so obviously she could feel that she’s acted a certain way that made you feel like she’s too keen. So to keep a balance, she’d naturally try to wait for a little bit, just to be sure you are truly interested.

Ariana
    Ariana
    Participant
    February 18, 2020 at 3:16 am #229803

You should ask her out again. Maybe she didn’t realize how you might take it ooor she wants a guy who is selfconfident and is testing that by beeing a little cloudy with her words and seeing if you would still ask her for a second date! I think everyone should live with no regrets and if you really like her it should be worth the potential embarassment if a ‘no’ but at least you know for sure then

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    February 19, 2020 at 12:36 pm #229922

Maybe try again. If she is vague again she probably has no interest. At least she is being kind enough not to ghost you,