Don't know if he's into me

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 5:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kiki232323
    kiki232323
    Participant
    October 28, 2018 at 1:34 pm #188045

Hey!
    Recently a boy I had a crush on got accepted into my college. A couple of years back he used to have a crush on me (and I was completely oblivious about it), but now he has girlfriend. He’s sweet, nice and handsome, I regret not noticing him earlier.
    Since he has a girlfriend I decided to not encourage my infatuation for him, but he sends very mixed signals? That is why I need advice, so that I can either move on or do something about it:
    -He sends me a lot of texts and he’s always the one initiating the conversation.
    -He always hugs me when he says hello or goodbye.
    -We share the same interests, likes and opinions.
    -He stares at me when I’m not noticing.
    -He invited me to study at his home (alone) more than once.
    -He calls me cute and “girlfriend material” and is always doing coupley things like resting his chin on my head and comparing hand’s sizes.

But at the same time he has talked about his girlfriend and says he loves her.

Please help?

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 4 days ago by kiki232323 kiki232323.
    dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    October 28, 2018 at 3:25 pm #188051

“But at the same time he has talked about his girlfriend and {says he loves her.}”
    That’s all you really need to know. Move on!

Having said that there are two possible scenarios.

1. You’re in the “friend zone”.

Generally if someone is into you and hopes to have a shot with you they won’t bring up someone else they’re dating.
    They especially would not profess their love for another person.

2. He’s open to having a side fling with you.

In this instance a person makes sure “the other” knows what they’re getting into upfront.
    By reminding you they’re in a relationship it absolves them of feeling like they’re taking advantage of you.
    Therefore if anything ever happens between you it is with the understanding you are the “side piece”.
    Very few cheaters are looking to (replace) one relationship with another. They want to “compliment” what they have.

Once you have your own boyfriend or simply go out on dates with guys you’ll find out if he’s a true “platonic friend”.

shaz86
    shaz86
    Participant
    October 29, 2018 at 10:23 am #188097

Hi, I’m also in the same situation and have no idea what to think.

Basically a few months ago I was out on a night out and one guy there seemed interested (in that we had a few drinks at the bar, he told me I looked well etc etc) and it ended off just as friends, however a few weeks later he added me on snap chat and I did send me a message on there to which I had a reply but then since then I’ve had nothing after sending a couple more messages, I know he’s really shy but I’m not sure what to do now…..

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    October 29, 2018 at 1:39 pm #188101

this one is simple. he has a gf, says he loves her. move on.
    don’t be “the other girl” – because the “other person” is the one that always gets hurt and shortchanged.

find an available guy – plenty of them out there at your age and especially at college.

good luck.

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    October 29, 2018 at 5:34 pm #188125

Thanks for explanation, agree with you

joehyre
    joehyre
    Participant
    October 30, 2018 at 8:23 am #188139

This is really very good advice. I also can not stay away and not express my gratitude

sivi
    sivi
    Participant
    October 31, 2018 at 4:46 am #188223

I agree. Moving on will be the best idea. Maybe he doesn’t want you to give the wrong idea when he does all these “couply” things with you and that’s why he’s talking about his girlfriend all the time.

giuliaengels
    giuliaengels
    Participant
    November 10, 2018 at 3:12 pm #189164

The way you describe his actions sounds to me as if he’s interested.
    So like you say this is confusing. Maybe you should just be bold and talk to him about it.
    Or next time he says you are girlfriend material ask him if his girlfriend would be so happy if she heard him say that to her.

valid9403
    valid9403
    Participant
    November 11, 2018 at 5:13 pm #189192

He is into you but stay away from him. You know he is taken.