Don’t take it so seriously…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 8:44 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

aimilia
    aimilia
    Participant
    August 20, 2018 at 4:17 am #181906

There’s a guy I like. We’ve known each other for a year I guess. I could feel there is something between us but I’m a bit confused. He says he likes me, my eyes and the fact I’m tiny, that I’m cool, funny, adventurous. As I said, I quite like him, we’re seeing each other from time to time. It’s basically him who wants to see me, he suggests these meetings. Last time we met at his place, we were making out. He wanted to continue but I stopped that. We had a talk (our previous meetings were in a friendly way, he told me I wasn’t giving out signs of interest or whatever) to clarify what’s going on, I like to be straight about things, it wasn’t that needy kind of talk. He told me I shouldn’t take it so seriously, which I don’t (honestly I’m quite aware from previous experience), it’s him complaining about not being able to read my mind. Right now I don’t know what to think about that.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    August 23, 2018 at 3:58 pm #182445

“…we met at his place, we were making out. He wanted to continue but {I stopped that}. We had a talk..”
    “He told me I shouldn’t take it so seriously…”
    “it’s him complaining about not being able to read my mind.”

Here’s the deal the guy wants to get laid!
    Everything {was going well for him} until YOU “stopped that”.
    “I like to be straight about things..” (What does that really mean?)

His confusion with you has to do with the starting/stopping when making out.
    He can’t tell if you want to have sex with him or if you’re wanting some type of “commitment” before you will have sex.
    From his point of view you guys were “hanging out” (casually)/”having fun” and YOU turned it into something serious.

“He says he likes me, my eyes and {the fact I’m tiny, that I’m cool, funny, adventurous}”

Those are not adjectives a guy uses on a girl he sees as being “the one” or imagines falling “in love” with.
    He wants a “friends with benefits” arrangement with you. Nothing serious.

patuski
    patuski
    Participant
    August 27, 2018 at 11:27 pm #182818

You need to make it clear what you want. If you want a committed relationship then you have to communicate that to him and that you do like him more than just friends or fwb. You shouldn’t settle for anyone who doesnt want to be with you 100%