Double standards?…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Double standards?…

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 5:54 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Puzzleddater
    Puzzleddater
    Participant
    July 19, 2018 at 11:46 am #179834
    Double standards?…

Women receive such crutches as make up, made up terms to justify them being over weight(bbw), apps and sites that offer filters, ect to enhance beauty. Yet a man would be ridiculed for wearing make up also the last time I checked a fat guy is just a fat guy not a “big beautiful man”. With these crutches women still manage to be overly judgemental placing themselves on a pedestal that would not exist had it not been for these crutches. Yes everyone is entitled to an opinion and in some instances the appearance and attitude of the woman who is passing judgement or placing them self on a pedestal does not actually match where their ranking in the dating world. Why are women allowed to pass judgement but if a man does it, it is a problem? Why do women feel like they are entitled to a better man than what their looks and personality support? Also how can a woman judge the size of a man’s penis when they can’t even control the size of their body? Call a man ugly but but wear make up?

Puzzleddater
    Puzzleddater
    Participant
    July 19, 2018 at 11:55 am #179846

I’m just trying to figure out how do I get a woman that I deserve and not continue to settle. I was ok with settling for a little while but with the past relationships not producing desired results I feel like I should be able to go after the woman I want with out feeling like it is wrong to do so. I said all of what I said previously just stating it seems like women don’t take into account of who they are, including personality and looks when seeking out a man, I see many of them that feel like just because they are a woman they are supposed to have exactly who they want and what they want in which it’s fine to have goals and standards, ect., In the category of realistic expectations a lot of women are missing it and I feel like if women don’t start to look at things more realistically it is going to further screw the dating world up. It’s hard to please or satisfy someone who always wants more, their bar is set somewhere in outer space.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    July 19, 2018 at 12:28 pm #179865

“If you live for people’s acceptance, you’ll die from their rejection.” – Lecrae
    Once you stop caring what other people think you’re FREE!
    Rejection just means NEXT!

You’re right “double standards” exist on both sides.
    Some men think just because they’re “nice” they’re entitled to have “hot looking girlfriends”.
    An old ugly short bald rich man can attract young hot looking women.
    An old ugly rich woman isn’t going to attract young hot looking guys!

Everyone has their own mate selection/screening process and “must haves list”.

Since the dawn of mankind we’ve always sought to change or shape our reality.
    Self-help gurus encourage people to use positive affirmations, visualizations, and a (fake it until you make it) mindset.
    Even the bible states: “Let the weak say I am strong.”

Ultimately “settling” is nothing more than taking the best (available option) one has!
    There’s also an {effort versus reward} component as well. Some people aren’t willing to pay the price!

Puzzleddater
    Puzzleddater
    Participant
    July 19, 2018 at 3:45 pm #179884

I understand that double standards exist on both sides, but are people really willing to compromise the shallow things on their must have list and miss out on an opportunity to be happy? Again how can someone with so many crutches even pass judgement on someone, like I mentioned before a woman will have the audacity to call a man ugly but has a puond of makeup on her face. Or be overwieght and call someone else fat.how does this work? I mean I am a realist and I believe in being sensible in which I know everyone isn’t but in just at a point in life where I don’t want an average girl who acts like she is Beyonce I hope to find an average girl that acts like an average girl, confident in appearance, but not concieted on placing themself on a pedestal.

Leroy
    Leroy
    Participant
    July 19, 2018 at 3:49 pm #179919

Females do get a lot of extra stuff