Dupmed for a girl he met on vacation

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 3:46 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MattieT51
    MattieT51
    Participant
    November 29, 2018 at 1:59 pm #190241

So, I’d been seeing this guy for about 2 months. He was very persistent, called me all the time and ensured to text and check in with me everyday. Including video chatting. He would even say he’s going to bed then text me a half hour later and say he’s still thinking of me. And we had such great chemistry in many ways. But he went on vacation for a week, then text me a week later to tell me that he met a girl while in Brazil (a local) and wants to be committed to her so we could no longer communicate. At first I thought his phone was stolen or something worse but it turned out to be true. I’m finally getting pass this but wanted to know if anyone ever experienced anything like this before?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 2, 2018 at 3:08 pm #190402

“I’d been seeing this guy for about 2 months.” – Basically 8 weeks. (How many days did you actually spend together?)
    “he went on vacation for a week, then text me a week later to tell me that he met a girl while in Brazil (a local) and wants to be committed to her.” Essentially it sounds like he never saw himself being in a “committed relationship” with (you) or else there would be no (her).

It doesn’t pay to overly emotionally invest in anyone during the “infatuation phase” of a new relationship.
    Those first 3-6 months of flying to dizzying heights can cause many a person to make assumptions.
    Until there has been a discussion about being “exclusive” you better off keeping your options open.

ElisabethTheGreat
    ElisabethTheGreat
    Participant
    December 4, 2018 at 1:28 pm #190486

You invested more in him than he invested in you. It was just few casual dates Just move on.

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    December 5, 2018 at 6:30 pm #190561

has anybody experienced flaky people who are non-loyal and will drop you on a dime because a better offer came up?

It happens all the time.
    We ourselves have probably not realized we’ve done it to others as well.

So don’t get on him. we’ve probably all made somebody feel like that too at some point too.

gigi
    gigi
    Participant
    December 5, 2018 at 8:21 pm #190563

Be grateful that it’s been only 2 months, not 2 years. He saved you a lot of time, forget him and move on with your life. You’ll find someone who’s serious with you. Just don’t take him back if it doesn’t work out with that Brazil girl and he crawls back to you.