Earning my Ex's Heart Back – Advice Needed

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 1:18 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

LordRAR
    LordRAR
    Participant
    December 6, 2018 at 7:33 pm #190652

Hello Readers!
    I am out of my element here, in the sense that I never ask for help or advice when it comes to relationships; however, I have stumbled into a problem where I can no longer help myself but instead need the help of others.

I am trying to win my ex-girlfriend back because she is the only girl I’ve been with who I have truly cared about; however, she wants nothing to do with me. How can I help achieve her space, her sense of heeling, and show her how much I care and love her at the same time? She claims I cheated on her during a time we were broken up. I made a mistake with an ex because of the feelings I had about being broken after 2 years and 8 months. I made a regrettable mistake and I was hurting afterwards. After making my mistake, she wanted to rekindle things and we did, until she found out.

My questions:
    What can I do to win her heart back?
    What should I do next?

This is very similar to two episodes of FRIENDS: Season 3, Episode 15 & 16

LordRAR
    LordRAR
    Participant
    December 6, 2018 at 7:46 pm #190655

Backstory (Part 1):
    For privacy concerns, I changed the names in the story. My name is John Smith and my girlfriend’s name is Jane Doe. I found the perfect girl 2 years and 8 months ago. We are both in the Army; however she is in the enlisted ranks and I am in the officer ranks. Because of the policies set in place within our organization, we have kept our relationship a secret. During this time, we experienced our share of issues and heartbreaks. She broke up with a few times in our relationship but I would always bring us back together. Never once did I feel I would lose her. She is the love of my life and no issue could keep us apart. A few days ago (Monday), an issue set in that tore us apart. She wanted to take my dog to work with her during an 8 hour shift to which I was uncomfortable with the idea. My dog, Leia, is a pitbull-golden retriever mix and is the gentlest dog around.

LordRAR
    LordRAR
    Participant
    December 7, 2018 at 9:08 am #190656

Backstory (Part 2):
    However, I did not trust the kids my girlfriend worked with as she works with troubled youth on the military base I work on. I explained that dogs are not allowed on base, Leia is not registered, she shouldn’t be around kids, and the 8+ hour shift is a long time period for a 2 year old dog to be out and about. I told her I was uncomfortable with the situation. My girlfriend told me in an angry manner that I did not trust her to take care of my dog and that I did not trust her judgement. I explained that that was not the case. She insisted that I did not trust her and that she couldn’t be with someone that she couldn’t trust and that we are over with. She broke up with (via a phone conversation) right there. I tried calling her back and she kept hanging up on me.

LordRAR
    LordRAR
    Participant
    December 7, 2018 at 9:08 am #190658

Backstory (Part 4):
    That night (Monday night), I decided to bring flowers to her place of work so that when she got off work we could talk through these issues as adults. I waited for her and upon seeing her get into her car, she decided to drive over to the base bar and relief her stress. I wanted outside with my flowers, as I did not want to cause drama inside the bar. When she wasn’t coming out after an hour, I decided to leave her flowers in her car where she would see them as soon as she entered her car (she always leaves her doors unlocked). As I get back into my car, I see her walk outside and towards her car with another man. I immediately get knots in my stomach as I assumed the worse. The guy drives her car away and I assume she is in the passenger seat. I left the base to go home; distraught from what I saw and the thoughts that developed thereafter. I was not only crying, but yelling in my car out of frustration, depression, and sorrow.

LordRAR
    LordRAR
    Participant
    December 7, 2018 at 9:08 am #190659

Backstory (Part 5):
    I didn’t know what to do or who to turn to. On the way home, I decided to send a message to an ex-girlfriend of mine via Instagram. I was looking for someone to talk to, someone to tell me I didn’t cause any of this. My ex decided to meet up with me and while on the way to see her, I received a phone call from Jane Doe. She is intoxicated beyond belief and slurring her words. I asked if she was ok, and if she was at home. She said no, that she was going to sleep at the base where she worked. I told her I would come by and take her home and take care of her. She said no, and reminded me that we could not be together. It was at this point that I was asking for 10mins of her time, in person the following morning, to explain myself and prove to her via actions how much I love her and that I want to be with her.