Elementary school crush

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Elementary school crush

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    February 2, 2019 at 3:41 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

tinkerbell
    tinkerbell
    Participant
    January 31, 2019 at 8:11 pm #193860
    Elementary school crush

In Gr. 6, my crush asked me to dance on the first school dance in my life. I freaked out and rejected him.
    The next day, my classmates were coming to me telling me that he has a crush on me but I totally disregarded him
    For the next few years we didn’t talk much, mostly because I was shy and awkward
    We managed to reconnect on social media after completing high school
    We have always sent each other birthday wishes on our birthdays almost every year
    We met up when we were 21 for a tennis match and then met up again after he sent me a birthday wish 8 years later (I was busy working on my career) and I proposed meeting up. After the initial meeting, I suggested doing an activity. He took a week to respond to my text but finally, 1.5 months later, he invited me to come check out a property he was renting. We went for dinner and he paid for it and drove me around his area. I kissed him on the cheek and he said he would love to keep my company since I have moved back into my hometown area.

tinkerbell
    tinkerbell
    Participant
    January 31, 2019 at 8:14 pm #193861

We have texted a bit back and forth and he takes forever to respond. It was his birthday so I told him i would take him out whereever he wants and I tried to get him to come out and do activities with me but he is so busy. 1.5 months later, he wants me to come out for drinks/dinner. I’m so confused by this guy. I really like him and I wonder if he sees any romantic potential in me but I”m not sure how to address this.
    How can I talk to him about my feelings or do you think he isn’t into me? what would you do? would you risk losing a potential friend that you have been in love with for 17 years?

LupiyardoPoomiha1
    LupiyardoPoomiha1
    Participant
    January 31, 2019 at 11:22 pm #193864

So cute. Sounds like not a great match for you if he never responds to you. Doesn’t mean he doesn’t like you, but probably means he’s not available. Best to keep your distance and let him come to you some and not be the one always reaching out. It’s a two-way game. I just sense you’re trying too hard.

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    February 1, 2019 at 6:07 pm #194005

Hello Tinkerbell

Ouch! I can feel the sting through your writing. I would like very much to assist you with my feed back, but I need some information to do that appropriately.
    1. how old are you ?
    2. what is your relationship history?
    3. when you say you love this man, what do you specifically love about him?

I look forward to your responses and giving you my feedback

GJ

Galaxy Ranger101
    Galaxy Ranger101
    Participant
    February 3, 2019 at 2:52 am #194040

oh ok

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    February 3, 2019 at 11:08 am #194052

ebruary 1, 2019 at 6:07 pm #194005REPLY
    Hello Tinkerbell

Ouch! I can feel the sting through your writing. I would like very much to assist you with my feed back, but I need some information to do that appropriately.
    1. how old are you ?
    2. what is your relationship history?
    3. when you say you love this man, what do you specifically love about him?

I look forward to your responses and giving you my feedback

GJ

tinkerbell
    tinkerbell
    Participant
    February 4, 2019 at 8:21 am #194006

Hey GJ,
    1. I’m 29
    2. I’ve been in 2 relationships, none were serious
    3. what do i love about him? I feel this crazy chemistry when I’m around him, when we have met up, we had really good conversation and I felt like we had very similar values. we are both from eastern europe and speak the same foreign language. our families have similar traditions.

It’s really frustrating because I have tried to forget about him and he reached out to me and everything came back. I just feel like I should try to forget about him but I can’t. There’s no clear answer I get from this guy. He acts like such a good guy in person but the moment I communicate through text, he neglects to respond in a timely manner and finding time for me is not a priority for him.

GJ
    GJ
    Participant
    February 5, 2019 at 11:53 am #194232

hello tinkerbell

I reread your opening post and it seems that you actually only met up with this moan a few times throughout the years. Is that correct?

Thanks for your replies to my questions. Your answers are very helpful to begin to get an understanding as to what is going on for you. It is clear that a part of you feels you should let go of your fantasies towards this man and another part feels as if you keep getting pulled back. Let’s continue with understanding a little more so I can help you identify what’s really going on for you:
    1. When you say I feel crazy chemistry describe what your thoughts and feelings are in very simple third grade language
    2. What makes your conversation feel really good?
    3. Why is a man with the similar cultural back ground important to you? And is this the only man that comes from your culture that you could find in this world?
    4. what do you not like about this man?
    I look forward to reading your replies and setting you free from struggle
    GJ

tinkerbell
    tinkerbell
    Participant
    February 21, 2019 at 9:03 pm #195363

Hey GJ

Here is some more information
    1. by crazy chemistry, i mean that i am romantically interested in him
    2. the conversation feels good because it’s very intellectual and we have similar family values
    3. similar cultural background matters because the language plays a big part in my life. i watch TV in that language, i practice some of the cultural traditions and my family speaks it. this isn’t the only man i can find in this world from my culture but it feels like there’s not much to choose from
    4. i don’t like that he won’t take the initiative to plan something with me. he keeps randomly reaching out to me and it triggers me every time to want to keep talking to him and i feel sparks and excitement but it doesn’t get reciprocated. after our 2nd get together, i invited him for his bday dinner. it took 3 weeks for him to find time for me to take him out for dinner. we spent 4h together on sunday night. after that, he text me the next day about my property (he is a realtor).

tinkerbell
    tinkerbell
    Participant
    February 21, 2019 at 9:04 pm #195364
    Reply To: Elementary school crush

it kinda felt like he was trying to make business off me. he never asks me anything personal. i’m giving up at this point. gonna give the silent treatment until he speaks up and it’s something genuine and personal

hewylewy58
    hewylewy58
    Participant
    February 21, 2019 at 9:33 pm #195366
    Reply To: Elementary school crush

Good idea. A man won’t come around by making him feel pressured. If he doesn’t come around after a few weeks/months, maybe give it another shot. Loving someone for so long is tough, but maybe this is what you need to make you finally move on for good.

P.S. Try posting this question on the RGUE app (pronounced “argue”) and see if you get some additional insights.