Email her, tell her or ghost?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 10:06 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

romanticsenior
    romanticsenior
    Participant
    June 1, 2019 at 1:00 pm #201497

I met a girl on Match, we had some great emails and a super phone call.

I met her for a date last night, and while it was okay, I realize it’s never gonna go anyplace. I think she left expecting that we’ll get tougher again.

The question is do I tell her (politely) in an email, do I phone her and go through *that* conversation or do I just ghost her and if she gets back in touch tell her then?

frankt
    frankt
    Participant
    June 1, 2019 at 7:37 pm #201499

If she is from the “old school” of doing things, she will wait to hear from you first. At this point, i would probably stay silent. Unless she said to you that she hopes to see/hear from you again, you can only speculate what she might be thinking. She may have gotten “vibes” from you during the date night not to expect a return call from you. You may not have to say anything. Ghosting is a new modern term, but the act is nothing new. Men for ages have “disappeared.”

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 2, 2019 at 1:15 pm #201528

A couple of email exchanges, one phone call, and one date is not a committed relationship.

The only reason she would think you might get together again is if YOU said or did something to suggest it.
    Comments like “Maybe next time we should…” or saying “I had a great time…or {making out with her} are misleading.
    Using flirtatious banter/sexual innuendo during the date is also an indication of romantic interest.

Since you both have active profiles on Match you should both be keeping your options open by dating others.
    The mistake a lot of online daters make is acting as if they’re in a relationship when they’re not.

If you were job hunting you wouldn’t send your resume to (one company) and wait to see if they hired you!
    You’d send your resume to multiple companies and keep interviewing until an offer was made and accepted.
    Odds are you’re not {the only guy} who has been reaching out to her. Just move on.
    If she contacts you tell her you felt there was no match.

TOx
    TOx
    Participant
    June 3, 2019 at 11:18 am #201574

Depends if you re up for that conversation, otherwise just ghost

aray808311
    aray808311
    Participant
    June 16, 2019 at 9:04 am #202166

Yeah I would keep reaching out to other options

luvu121
    luvu121
    Participant
    July 10, 2019 at 3:43 pm #203560

Since you have talking with her via message, phone call, and one in-person date, I would definitely not ghost her. If you were just messaging with her, maybe that would be an option.

romanticsenior
    romanticsenior
    Participant
    July 11, 2019 at 1:02 pm #203579

About a week after my post, we had a phone call. I simply told her how I felt, we left it on good terms.

Thanks for all your help.

singlesteve
    singlesteve
    Participant
    July 15, 2019 at 1:30 am #203647

you did everything right!

dukcy
    dukcy
    Participant
    July 21, 2019 at 5:41 pm #204072
    Reply To: Email her, tell her or ghost?

Just send an email its polite

Lost_Pup
    Lost_Pup
    Participant
    August 12, 2019 at 10:06 pm #205299

Don’t ghost, it’s sh**ty. Man up and say you’re just not feeling it. That’s the respectful adult way…

Shorte
    Shorte
    Participant
    August 13, 2019 at 7:26 am #205307

Try to put yourself in her place and then think what she would like!