Embarrassed to ask

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Embarrassed to ask

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 4:18 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

BlunderBuss
    BlunderBuss
    Participant
    October 9, 2019 at 11:13 am #223131
    Embarrassed to ask

I met a girl online and we’ve gone out once. But her name was different on the dating site than in Snapchat and her first message on Snapchat was to tell me how the Snapchat name is pronounced. I don’t know if the SC name is a nickname or something but at this point we’ve been out once and we talk a lot, sometimes about kinda personal stuff, and I’d be embarrassed to ask what she really goes by at this point. Is it okay to ask on our next date, or should I just wait until I hear her say it in some context, or is there another option? Thanks

LostNDazed
    LostNDazed
    Participant
    October 9, 2019 at 11:23 am #223132

Never be embarassed to get to know somebody better. If it’s obvious they want to keep things private, you have to respect that. Just be kind and bring it up in a relaxed comversation. If she gets uncomfortable tell her something about yourself that most people don’t know, that way she can relate with you in a way. Never pressure a person to do something they don’t want to do but don’t get embarassed because someone in all likelihood they’re just as embassed. Or have fun with it and call her by her Snapchat name until she tells you her real name or it becomes you two’s little nickname game.