F/24 returning to dating after relationship…

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 2:54 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

ReturntoDating
    ReturntoDating
    Participant
    March 6, 2018 at 9:21 pm #166946

Hi!

In late 2015, I started seeing a guy. Long story short, I’m now 100% more single than I care to admit. I tried getting back into the online dating scene, but I’m having a bit of trouble. I used OKCupid starting in late 2014 and deleted my account in late 2015. I tried getting back into OKCupid, but it seems like they changed things to the point where messages aren’t being sent now. I’ve tried sites/apps such as Tinder, but I prfer the sort of apps that allow you to browse profiles and send the first message without any sort of paywall (ads are fine lol). My question here is – is there any other apps/sites that work how OKCupid used to work, actually sending messages instead of just swiping..

Thank you!

unlovable87
    unlovable87
    Participant
    March 6, 2018 at 10:00 pm #166948

I do think plenty of fish is old school in that sense. But to me, that’s the worst app ever. If you’re open to just a slew of possibilities, it’s okay but I find a lot of people aren’t great at starting a conversation

dwade09
    dwade09
    Participant
    March 7, 2018 at 2:25 pm #166967

Plenty of fish is like what you are wanting. Book of matches, theres reddit r4r, reddit r4r30plus reddit oreveralonedating, but honestly as for reddit it is filled with ignorant people who think they know everything about everything and tons of trolls and hateful judgmental people and the dating subs I gave are filled with lonely people who are shallow and trying to find that perfect person unwilling to accept other peoples flaws and issues and accept the person how they are.

ReturntoDating
    ReturntoDating
    Participant
    March 7, 2018 at 3:43 pm #166999

Thank you two for the replies, but can someone please recommend an app in the style that I’ve mentioned? <3

ReturntoDating
    ReturntoDating
    Participant
    April 10, 2018 at 8:41 am #169946

Still no luck so I’m going to give this thread a bump…

LoneWolf
    LoneWolf
    Participant
    April 11, 2018 at 12:25 am #170132

OKCupid was like the last good free dating site out there, but removing the ability to send messages without mutual likes made the game of chance that is dating all that more difficult. All the dating sites I find now are either A) inactive, B) poorly managed, C) Greedy, or D) any combination of A, B, and C.

rosie18
    rosie18
    Participant
    April 13, 2018 at 11:39 am #170481

Hi,

Most sites are a load of crap! excuse my language. You have to really search the app stores for the better dating apps out there!

I have used Tinder and POF on and off and to be honest I am sick with the tedious task of swiping – it is a soul destroying process :/

I’ve been searching for alternative dating apps for a while now and my opinion, not that it matters, is that ‘CLiKD’ is the better dating app out there at the minute.They offer a much more personal touch which is a lot more engaging and practical. Definitely worth checking these guys out

I hope this helps and good luck 🙂