Feel like not good enough looking to find date.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2020 at 7:08 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Johncoe
    Johncoe
    Participant
    May 1, 2020 at 5:02 pm #233254

I’ll have to tell you a bit about my past so all this makes a bit more sense, so I’ll start of by saying I have had relationships before but they did not last unfortunately but I’ve learned from them and have moved on. It’s been 5 years since my last relationship I’ve had sex once after with another girl but there was no feelings there it was just pointless sex. Looking back I just remember a alot the times I have been rejected and been friend zoned like this one time I got on really well with this girl but she did not like me back in a romantic way and the only reason I can think that being is because of my looks I’m just not attractive enough too her, which there is nothing I can do about that. This has happened more than one time with different people. So now I find it really difficult to talk to women anywhere in bars or clubs as I just think I’m not good enough and there is nothing I can do about it. I am on dating websites but had no dates yet, got matches.

Conflicted
    Conflicted
    Participant
    May 1, 2020 at 7:15 pm #233262

QuoteReply

You just have to find someone that doesnt focus on looks and is more interested in a good personality. I personally could not stand to be with someone purely based on looks. I believe you can find someone

Johncoe
    Johncoe
    Participant
    May 2, 2020 at 10:41 am #233266

Thankyou

szymonhimself
    szymonhimself
    Participant
    May 3, 2020 at 11:24 am #233278

Hey man, I am going to be completely honest, which is good news and bad news.

Good news: girls tend to care about looks way less than men, so unless you are unhygienic, obese or badly groomed, few girls outside of the most shallow ones will reject you based on your looks alone.

Bad news (or more good news, depending on your mindset!) is that the above means that there are things you can work on to improve your chances, including your character, personality and “game”.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 3, 2020 at 12:12 pm #233282

” I just think I’m not good enough and there is nothing I can do about it.”
    WRONG! YOU are the only one who can do something about it!

You get to control what YOU tell yourself about yourself.
    You get to (choose) what you believe.

Secondly you can “work” on yourself and learn what works.
    Surely you’ve seen average looking, fat, bald, or unattractive guys who had girlfriends and wives!

There are usually a few reasons why a guy doesn’t have a girl

1. They lack of confidence/sense of humor or outgoing personality.
    2. They Insist upon pursuing girls “out of the league”.
    3. They don’t have any close male friends to go out with who are doing well with the ladies to (learn) from.
    4. They ignore girls who are attracted to them.
    5. They’ve yet to find anything which puts them in the “limelight” be it; their physique, talent, skill, or accumulation of wealth.

A lot of guys will tell you what THEY don’t like to do or places they hate going to.
    Ironically these are things/activities many women love!
    The best hunters study the prey. You don’t get to tell the prey what they {should like}.
    There is a reason why duck hunters make “quack” noises and not “moo” noises!

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    May 5, 2020 at 7:20 pm #233374

I agree with szymonhimself, that women don’t care about looks nearly as much as men do. They are very attracted to how you act. I would say, to start, work on your conversational skills, specifically over texting and dating apps. For example, don’t say the usual boring things like “Hey, how are you?”…Women are super emotional beings and if you are able to spark her emotions then your chances of getting responses will be much better. Ultimately, it takes some trial and error, but as long as you’re not doing the same thing over and over again, you should eventually start getting results. Here’s a site I’ve found that helps with this: textgamemasters(dot)com