Feeling a bit hurt by my girlfriend?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 8:03 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

gymshark
    gymshark
    Participant
    March 17, 2019 at 11:13 am #196910

My girlfriend’s mom texted me asking if I was excited that my girlfriend had applied to be on a show we all love that takes up the entire summer. I was hurt that I hadn’t heard this from my girlfriend. A week has passed I’m now very hurt. My girlfriend and I are long distance for the entire school year hundreds of miles away and wait all year for the summer where we live 10 minutes from one another. We constantly talk about this and wait for this time throughout the year. I know her making it onto the show is hypothetical, but the show would be four months with no communication with the outside world and no access to any phones. It would be extremely difficult for both of us and I wish this was more of a joint decision. I will be devastated losing our summer together and even more upset that I won’t be able to speak with her or see her for four months time. How should I present this to her, and am I overreacting?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 17, 2019 at 3:25 pm #196925

“My girlfriend and I are long distance for the entire school year hundreds of miles away and wait all year for the summer..”

Reality Check Time

Sounds like you two were high school sweethearts who went away to different colleges.
    Whether you know it or not it is unrealistic to expect to make a LDR work for 4-6 years while you pursue your degrees.
    Long Distance Relationships were meant to be temporary! The goal is to be with the person you love.

When there is no realistic “light at the end of the tunnel” whereby someone will be relocating couples often drift apart.

It’s the counting down of the months/weeks/days until one is finally done with the inconvenience of being in a LDR that keeps it strong! Although your plan was to spend your summers together the truth is at some point there was going to be an “opportunity” for one of you do something (special) whether it’s a show, traveling, or an internship.
    Remember you’re not married! She doesn’t need your permission or make any joint decisions.

doesntmatter
    doesntmatter
    Participant
    March 18, 2019 at 8:48 am #196915

It’s over man. The sooner you realize it the better. If she didn’t have 1 minute out of her “busy” schedule to tell you about this, she obviously dumped you. Her mother don’t even know, that’s why the mother called. Forget it and move on, it happens every day.