First date… now what????

DATING ADVICE FORUM

First date… now what????

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 3:10 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

anneyyy
    anneyyy
    Participant
    March 12, 2020 at 1:18 am #231403
    First date… now what????

I’m a 22yr F. went out with this guy I met on bumble. We met at a bar, the conversation was awesome, he touched my leg numerous times. After our drink he wanted to show me around his campus, he took me to his favorite spot on campus, we hugged, he gave me his jacket and we did that thing were we almost kiss but instead our lips are just right next to each other & we are kind of breathing. said he wanted to kiss me but liked the anticipation of not. he asked to see me the following night. He texted me to make sure I got home safe and asked what we should do tomorrow night.(all thurs).Friday comes and he texts me saying it’s going to be a late night stuck at school working on a project and he just wanted to keep me informed. Then no text at all. Saturday morning he says he’s sorry he got slammed with work and would love to see me again at some point. I suggest Sunday. He says he’s ill and wants to catch me later in the week. I said sure & he never texted again. 3 weeks go by & nothing

Nina29
    Nina29
    Participant
    March 12, 2020 at 2:43 pm #231431

I would move on sweety. Interested man don’t wait that long.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 13, 2020 at 8:17 am #231479

Odds are he met someone else and decided to “bench” you for now.

“..he’s sorry he got slammed with work and would love to see me again at some point.”
    That’s called “bread crumbing” which is saying something to keep you hanging on while does his thing.

Whenever you meet someone on an online dating site they most likely are keeping their options open.
    (FOMO) Fear of missing out is a real thing especially for many online daters.

Anyone who has an active online dating profile is most likely contacting or being contacted by other people.
    If someone else (new) comes along which they perceive as being “better” they’re going to jump on it.
    The person whom they’ve already had a date with or have been in contact with is put on the shelf.

A lot of people these days don’t even bother to text you with a lie. They simply ghost you!

Your best defense in the future is to also keep your options open by dating multiple guys.
    Acting like you’re in a relationship can hurt you.

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    March 13, 2020 at 4:50 pm #231507

He might be playing with you. Get close but not to close and it makes him feel good about being wanted without committing. He could have also found someone else. I would move on, a lot of other guys out there that deserve you more than him.