First kiss fail

DATING ADVICE FORUM

First kiss fail

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2018 at 5:07 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kris2017
    Participant
    December 28, 2017 at 6:51 pm #161076
    First kiss fail

I met this guy on bumble months ago. Since our initial meet up in May, we’ve probably met up 5 other times. It always goes the same, we grab a drink, catch up, he tells me he wants to see me again, and nothing happens. He’s never once made a move so I honestly didn’t know if he was interested or not. So this past time we hung out and it was the same as usual. After our few drinks, he walked me to my car and I thought we were just going to hug goodbye like we always do. Nope. I’m in the middle of a sentence we haven’t even said goodbye yet and he leans in to kiss me. I was taken aback and without even thinking I say “are you trying to kiss me?” And it went down hill from there. I proceeded to say I wanted to kiss him but I made it awkward now. And then he said yea and just kinda walked away. I’ve never made a first kiss more awkward. And I actually did want to kiss him it was just unexpected. So now I don’t know how to proceed and express my interest without embarrassing myself further.

From Outer Space
    From Outer Space
    Participant
    December 28, 2017 at 6:56 pm #161077

That’s the thing . . . in love you shouldn’t be afraid to embarrass yourself.

It wasn’t entirely your fault. Sounds like his timing was awkward, and I promise you that he’s embarrassed about it, too. Just tell him straight up you’d like another try at that first kiss.

acetopwon
    Participant
    December 29, 2017 at 8:55 pm #161109

Dont be so scared, its okay.

Sk8erBoi
    Participant
    December 31, 2017 at 12:29 am #161124

Don’t even mention it, just lean in and go for it, that usually works. He probably won’t resist it, as you guys have seen each other a few times, so a first kiss seems to be in order at this point. So my best advice is to just go for it.

carmelo20171
    Participant
    January 1, 2018 at 12:43 am #161137

Seems like one of you just need to go for it the next time you meet up!

Remay19
    Participant
    January 1, 2018 at 12:29 pm #161150

He’s probably really shy, I think it would help a lot if you went for the kiss next time