Fixing a missed connection with a friend

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 1:37 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lostinlife
    lostinlife
    Participant
    September 10, 2018 at 5:56 pm #183924

I was recently out with a group of friends, hitting up some bars. One of my guy friends, who I’ve known for a while, was there and there was some mild flirting, but I didn’t think about it too much until everyone ended up going home and it was just him and me. He ended up holding my hand which was really nice, but I was sort of drunk and I tend to make rash decisions when I’m like that, so I panicked. Even though I kept holding his hand for a little while, I got really shy and awkward and avoided acknowledging it and eventually broke the contact, which made him seem really bummed. Soon after we said goodnight and went our separate ways, and he seemed unhappy at the end.

After sobering up and obsessively thinking about it for 2 days, I decided I want to try to find a way to show him I am interested and would like to hang out again, but now I’m worried he’s mad I sort of shut him down (which was never my intention, I just didn’t want to rush into anything) or he’ll think I’m just…

lostinlife
    lostinlife
    Participant
    September 10, 2018 at 5:57 pm #183925

[continued]… trying to be a friend when I actually do want something more.

So right now I need help figuring out what to do. Do I just openly acknowledge what happened and say “hey that hand-holding? Let’s do that again.” Or do I apologize? Do I just start talking about something random to get the conversation going (we don’t usually text so that might show him that I am interested but I don’t know)? I would love any input on how I might proceed.

• This reply was modified 1 month, 1 week ago by lostinlife lostinlife.