Flaking because of disinterest or genuine?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 12:16 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

maplely
    maplely
    Participant
    November 18, 2018 at 5:53 pm #189622

I met this guy through tinder a couple of weeks ago and we’ve been texting everyday since. We spent a week texting through tinder and then followed each other on instagram. After that he’s been really actively maintaining contact, commenting compliments on photos, replying to stories and interested in me as a person.

I suggested we go get a drink on Thursday and he said yes enthusiastically. The day arrives and he texts me saying he’s excited to meet me, however later on he tells me he is feeling sick but can still make it. We end up deciding to reschedule to Sunday.

So the sunday arrives and he texts me excited about the date again, suggesting we should do a record swap since we both have similar music tastes. He then texts me saying he forgot he had to help his sibling move and he was very sorry. I told him it was ok and he replied that he would make it up to me. A few hours later he mentions the move was crazy and says sorry again.

Is he interested or stringing me along?

DJBROCK
    DJBROCK
    Participant
    November 19, 2018 at 3:56 am #189637

I don’t like to jump the gun but it sounds like hes stringing you along. Him feeling sick I definitely get but forgetting you had to help someone move not likely. If he was so excited to meet he could have suggested a different time rather than cancel.

Miss Behaven
    Miss Behaven
    Participant
    November 19, 2018 at 9:45 pm #189663

I agree. Next.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 22, 2018 at 6:18 pm #189708

1. You may be a “Catfish” victim.
    You should suggest doing a (video chat) with him and see if he backs out.

Catfish victims have been known to emotionally invest in people they’ve never met.
    Each time they are about to meet the catfish has a reason why they can’t.
    In the mean time he or she maintains contact with the victim causing to believe they’re falling in love.
    Some people have even gotten engaged without ever seeing each other in person or hearing their voice.
    Profile photos and other images may belong to another person altogether.

2. He’s too busy dating other women or may be in a relationship/marriage.
    When someone is using online dating sites and apps they’re usually engaged with more than one person.
    No one job hunts by sending out one resume to one company and waiting to see if they get a job before summitting to another company. Odds are he’s keeping his options open and seeing other women. If he’s already with someone it may be hard for him to breakaway. Move on!