Flowers at work?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Flowers at work?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2019 at 4:12 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Aero221
    Aero221
    Participant
    June 13, 2019 at 5:06 pm #202087
    Flowers at work?

OK so there is this girl I work with that I have developed some feelings for. We work in different departments but its a small office so we see each other daily. I’ve never dated or asked out a girl at work before… I guess I never really thought of it as a good idea. And even in this case, I’m not totally intending to ask her out. But I want to let her know in some way, that I think she is beautiful and I think fondly of her. Im thinking about leaving a bouquet of flowers on her desk in her office. Im almost positive she would know they are from me right off the bat because Im the only guy in my office that isnt married and has shown her non-work related attention. So even without a note to go along with the flowers, she’ll know. Only reason Im considering this is to give her something to brighten her day and make her smile. Ideally, she would ask me if they were in fact from me and I would tell her how I think of her. What are your thoughts? Nice gesture, bad idea?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 14, 2019 at 12:24 pm #202116

“I’m not totally intending to ask her out.”
    “But I want to let her know in some way, that I think she is beautiful and I think fondly of her.”
    Be honest with yourself! No guy buys flowers for every girl he thinks is beautiful.
    You DO want to date her!

From what you said it sounds like basically you want HER to do or say something to show you she’s interested in YOU.
    The “secret admirer” approach is kind of cowardly. You are afraid of rejection!

You’re better off interacting with her daily having casual conversations, smiling, laughing, and eventually flirtatious banter.
    If she doesn’t flirt back with you or shows very little interest in engaging in small talk with you she’s not interested.
    In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!