Freaking quarantine!!

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Freaking quarantine!!

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    June 6, 2020 at 6:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

weshightower
    weshightower
    Participant
    April 22, 2020 at 2:43 pm #233040
    Freaking quarantine!!

I’m 50 years old, divorced, been out of the dating scene for a few years. I’m finally at a point where I’m ready to find someone. So I’ve been going on the dating apps- Match, Tinder etc. I saw a woman who really caught my eye on Tinder. My age, absolutely gorgeous. She had put enough information that I was able to find her social media. I messaged her and surprisingly she replied back fairly quickly and in a positive manner. She actually commended me for taking the initiative to find and contact her. How awesome is that, right??!! We’ve been messaging back and forth and even joke about the ‘stalker’ aspect. One of her requirements was that I give her my ‘full life story’. This has evolved into me writing funny stories with characters based on her and her friends etc., and their life in the quarantine situation etc. She loves this and she and her friends have had a lot of laughs over it. So after about a week of this over messenger I suggested we speak on the phone.

weshightower
    weshightower
    Participant
    April 22, 2020 at 2:43 pm #233041

She said yes and we arranged a time. With this quarantine, I couldnt ask her out anywhere but I planned to ask her to have lunch with me in a local park. So I call her, leave a message and she calls me back. The phone call goes ok, not great but ok (i may be overcritical of myself but this was my gut feeling). She tells me if she can go to the park over the weekend that it will be last minute. Probably should have waited till I could set a definite date but I really want to meet her. Needless to say, it didnt pan out. I’ve continued to send her these stories with positive replies over messenging. However when I call her she doesnt answer and does not call back. I’ve sorted of laid off on the stories just to give her some distance. My thought is I dont want to seem too available as I think this may turn women off. I would like to think that things arent taking a normal course because of the quarantine thing but I cant be sure.

weshightower
    weshightower
    Participant
    April 23, 2020 at 9:05 am #233042

There is some indication that she is taking the quarantine and staying home during it very seriously but it very well may be that whe was interested in me, had fun with the stories but sort of lost interest. Maybe I sent her too many stories. I think that momentum, timing and a little bit of luck are pretty important in these things and in normal times I could have arranged to meet her. Maybe its immodest but I think if I could meet her in person she will be totally into me. I mean I made her laugh for days without even speaking a word to her- just with my writing. Just bummed out about the timing of this and not sure what to do next.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 23, 2020 at 10:26 am #233086

” I saw a woman who really caught my eye on Tinder.”

“She had put enough information that I was able to find her social media..”

“The phone call goes ok, not great but ok…”

“..if she can go to the park over the weekend that it will be last minute…it didnt pan out.”

“.. when I call her she doesnt answer and does not call back.”

” I think if I could meet her in person she will be totally into me.”

Sounds to me like she found you to be “entertaining” and she enjoyed the stories with her friends.
    However it doesn’t sound like she was ever romantically interested in you.
    Keep in mind it’s not as if you (both “swiped right”). You pursued her outside of the Tinder site.
    You have no idea if she would have swiped right after looking at your profile.

In your gut you sense the phone call didn’t go well and you’re probably right.
    Generally speaking if there is no chemistry on the phone there won’t be chemistry in person.
    Not answering the phone nor returning your calls is confirmation of lack of romantic interest.
    The fact she has active dating profile on Tinder means she’s open to meeting (someone).
    Move on! If she wants to get in touch she has your number.

weshightower
    weshightower
    Participant
    April 23, 2020 at 8:09 pm #233101

Thanks guys. Yes, my thought is to not contact her. The stories hadn’t ended. Maybe she’ll feel like she’s been left hanging and want to hear the rest of the story :^> Well maybe not. I’m bummed that it didnt work out but it has also given me some confidence in being able to capture her attention and make her laugh. And I dont think she would have replied in the first place it she had thought I was ugly. And who knows, she could have any of 1000 things going on. In fact she mentioned when we spoke that the covid thing is hurting her business. She is self employed. I’m now also messaging with a couple of other girls. I think this will sort of keep me from getting so invested in one girl. Now here is what the difficult thing is going to be- I am now friends with her on Face book. I think I am going to not block her but there is a way you can not see someones posts without unfriending them. I do think it would bother me if she started posting photos with some guy.

adrianbeeston01
    adrianbeeston01
    Participant
    June 1, 2020 at 12:02 am #234483

I have a feeling that she just met another more interesting guy. How about leave a message asking if she is still interested, that you need to know if you should wait for her or not.