Friend zone or not?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Friend zone or not?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2020 at 10:50 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

scott011
    scott011
    Participant
    January 24, 2020 at 11:19 pm #228402
    Reply To: Friend zone or not?

She needs a fall guy

JoeGoldberg
    JoeGoldberg
    Participant
    January 26, 2020 at 5:43 am #228418

You should still keep in touch, but if you’re not looking for a friend don’t give her the attention. And who knows, maybe she will change her mind, but that’s not likely.

scotty
    scotty
    Participant
    January 26, 2020 at 11:02 pm #228423

“She then replied that she was flattered but couldn’t commit to something on that level but really did want to build a friendship”

Notice the word “friendship” in that sentence ?

There is your answer. Your are friend zoned.

My reaction to that would be a “no call no show”

bigdj4uk
    bigdj4uk
    Participant
    January 27, 2020 at 7:38 am #228427

Friend zone ain’t bad. Keep chicks on loop, sometimes they get bored and wanna smash.

Xgzax
    Xgzax
    Participant
    January 28, 2020 at 5:53 pm #228565

Cool.. I met her again, we get on well but there’s a lot of baggage with her ex – sounds like he was abusive and had some addictions.. Think she still sleeps with him occasionally too – bit of a mess.. I’m not too bothered about the romance now, but she seems keen on spending more time together. Been dating other girls.. Thanks for the input anyway 👍

• This reply was modified 2 months ago by Xgzax Xgzax.
    lenovo85
    lenovo85
    Participant
    January 29, 2020 at 6:55 am #228569

I’d walk away but sounds like you got your answer

rd1988
    rd1988
    Participant
    January 29, 2020 at 8:40 pm #228642

They say the friend zone is psychological, and it isn’t a real thing? I don’t know, if 2 people really like each other then there’s no such thing.

JustARandomDude2940
    JustARandomDude2940
    Participant
    January 31, 2020 at 4:58 pm #228751

Whenever a girl says something of this sort… especially the “You don’t know what could develop from a friendship”…
    She’s just friendzoning you. But also keeping you her list of (last) options in case her other dates don’t work.

Just move on.

Xgzax
    Xgzax
    Participant
    February 1, 2020 at 11:12 am #228765

Whenever a girl says something of this sort… especially the “You don’t know what could develop from a friendship”…
    She’s just friendzoning you. But also keeping you her list of (last) options in case her other dates don’t work.

Just move on.

JustARandomDude:
    Hey – I hear you.. I did think that, recently she keeps texting me and asking to meet which feels odd.. Like I’m not initiating anything really.. I’m just keeping it friendly at the moment. Maybe her other options ran out 😂

Xgzax
    Xgzax
    Participant
    February 1, 2020 at 11:34 am #228768

But I’m not ‘expecting’ anything.. I have let it go and started dating other people – I was just a bit confused about that line

jlsruby09
    jlsruby09
    Participant
    February 4, 2020 at 11:23 am #228932

She probably is protecting herself. Maybe give her a chance. It was only 1 date.

1 2