Friend-zoned or just taking things slow?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2018 at 2:04 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

LoneWolf
    LoneWolf
    Participant
    January 15, 2018 at 5:55 pm #162443

I met a girl on a dating site. We’ve been talking to each other every day and even met up a couple of times. But, throughout our time together, she’s been sending me mixed messages on what her intentions are. When we first talked, she told me she didn’t date people until she knew them well, and didn’t have time for a serious relationship. Since then, she refers to me as her friend, denies having feelings for me when her friends bring it up, and has no problem with discussing her exes, but on the other side of things she’s also made several flirts and constantly tells me how much she enjoys my company. Having never been in a relationship, I’m confused about what to take from all of this. Has she friend-zoned me, or is she trying to ease into a relationship?

I should also add that I’m straight and she’s bi, so I don’t know if that makes any difference in terms of how one approaches a relationship.

mrjohnny
    mrjohnny
    Participant
    January 17, 2018 at 4:08 pm #162661

Hey man, just be straight up with her and ask her if she digs girls more than dudes. That could be it or she could be playing hard to get. That’s the thing about females we never know what the hell they really mean sometimes. My advice hang in there for about a month within that time you should have a better understanding if she’s playing or wants to start a real relationship. Hope that helps..hang in there man

Ccd777
    Ccd777
    Participant
    January 18, 2018 at 9:37 pm #162804

Does she constantly ask you to buy things for her and if so how does she react if you tell her you cant rn. If she’s interested in you then she should want to spend time and be interested in things that you are ( or at least pretend to be)

LoneWolf
    LoneWolf
    Participant
    January 21, 2018 at 8:43 pm #162942

She definitely isn’t using me or anything; she clearly cares about me, but in what way I’m not sure. I want to be upfront and ask her if she has feelings for me, but I’m afraid of coming off as creepy.

Andu0011
    Andu0011
    Participant
    January 22, 2018 at 9:55 am #163004

Take her out for dinner , friendly , talk to her , make it light and easy , and joking , ask her , what if !!

xnaff
    xnaff
    Participant
    January 22, 2018 at 11:01 am #163011

just give it some time and see how things go
    also ask her about previous relationships
    maybe shes been hurt in the past and isnt ready to commit?
    or maybe she doesnt know how she feels

richiro
    richiro
    Participant
    January 23, 2018 at 4:19 pm #163216

you’re in the friendzone.. sorry to say.
    1. she gives you all sorts of reasons as to why you and her can not “develop” and advance romantically
    2. she refers to you as a “friend” (what more do you need than that?)
    3. she talks about other men that she has been with to you

3 major signs she doesn’t see you in a romantic way.

sorry.

waterbuck
    waterbuck
    Participant
    January 27, 2018 at 3:47 am #163592

d