Fwb or what.. need a guy to translate

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 8:26 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Helnbak
    Helnbak
    Participant
    September 8, 2018 at 4:34 am #183761

We met 8 months ago at a friend’s birthday. Immediate chemistry. A month later we kissed but he stopped it going further saying it would be complicated. I enjoy talking to him so i said i was fine with that as long as the friendship stayed. So we continued to hang out with our friends and just us. Finally 6 months later we had sex. After that he said he didn’t want sex to be the focus of our relationship.(what does that even mean) That lasted another month. Now we have sex maybe once a week or so. We still hang out as friends. He doesnt like it when i dont stay the night. He’s only booty called me 1 time. He always used to say hun, darling, etc but now hes added babe, my darling and uses those often. I know he’s dating/ sleeping with others. So this confuses me. Is he still in fwb mode or is he feeling more.

whitney0587
    whitney0587
    Participant
    September 8, 2018 at 8:17 pm #183771

Hi! I know I’m not a guy, but I wanted to say I’m sorry you’re going through this. Did you guys tell one another that you weren’t seeing other people? Or how do you know he’s seeing other people? I would just confirm with him face to face if he’s been seeing anyone else and if he plans to if you guys continue to talk. Have you guys admitted feelings for one another?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    September 8, 2018 at 11:07 pm #183776

“but now hes added babe, my darling and uses those often.”
    “I know he’s dating/ sleeping with others. So this confuses me.” Seriously???

If a guy is actually “into you” he’s going to want to stake his claim.
    As it stands now you’re both on the “open market” free to have sex with whomever you want.
    There is no commitment and just because people have “pet names” for one another doesn’t mean it’s serious.

Anytime a woman has to “figure out a man” it usually means {she’s reaching} out for hope of some kind.
    This guy has you on a (sex rotation) with other women. You should never allow yourself to forget that!
    In fact you should be seeing other guys to keep you from becoming emotionally invested.
    Not everyone can handle a “friends with benefits” arrangement. They often end up getting hurt.

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

If someone is having sex with others you’re not exactly “special” to them.
    You may just be low hanging fruit.

Helnbak
    Helnbak
    Participant
    September 8, 2018 at 11:57 pm #183785

I was looking for a translation because it seems like mixed signals. All i want is fwb and friendship or just friendship. If he’s feelings things then i need to end it and go back to just friendsof that’s possible. I don’t see a future with this person but i enjoy the company.
    Thanks. This helps reassure me.

Helnbak
    Helnbak
    Participant
    September 10, 2018 at 8:16 am #183786

I know he is through friends. I always assumed he was until he said differently. I don’t because it’s just not me. But I’m free to do so. We haven’t talked recently but we have both said we enjoy the flirting and attention. That’s about it. And that’s how I’d love it to stay

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    September 13, 2018 at 5:30 pm #184238

Sounds like you both are afraid the other person wants more than a fwb.
    Maybe it’s because you’re very comfortable when you’re “hanging out” together.

You’re the only one who is (behaving) as if you’re in a committed relationship.
    If you’re completely happy with being “friends with benefits” and he’s having sex with others there’s nothing for you to worry about.