Gamer – says he loves talking to me but never asks me any questions about myself

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Gamer – says he loves talking to me but never asks me any questions about myself

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 8:56 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

5footnothing
    5footnothing
    Participant
    March 15, 2018 at 6:28 pm #167455

Ok so I honestly don’t know where I stand on this one. I met a guy a month and a half ago through a friend and we got on great (we spoke for hours, had a lot of common views, had a laugh, he walked me home, etc.). I have been texting him quite often since and the conversation never gets boring which is great but the only thing is it hit me last week that he never asks any questions? I instigate all the conversation topics and while he answers anything I ask sometimes in great detail, he never asks me any questions. Even if I ask him about something e.g. “how was your day?” he will answer but won’t ask me how was my own day. Most forums and advice columns I’ve seen online have said this is a sign of him not being interested or being a narcissist. Now I know it is not the first option because he has said before that he loves talking to me and that he likes that we have a lot in common and I get the general vibe that he likes me. However… (continued)

5footnothing
    5footnothing
    Participant
    March 15, 2018 at 6:33 pm #167456

its the narcissist thing that’s getting to me. He doesn’t strike me as that type of person. Now one thing that has got me thinking is would it be just a social awkwardness that he probably doesn’t even realise? I’ve met gamers in the past who tend to have some element of social awkwardness or unawareness & although this guy really doesn’t fit the gamer stereotype I’m wondering could this be the case. He also never texts first which I’ve asked about & he says he just doesn’t know what to say so I can live with that but it’s a bit concerning when the guy you’re interested in seems to have little to no interest in your life but at the same time makes you feel like he is interested. I really like this guy but I’m tired of offering information about myself that wasn’t asked for directly, I feel that there should always be a back-and-forth conversation flow. I’m looking for any advice/insight from anyone who has dated someone like this before or from any guy who can relate to the description of this particular guy.. Please help!!

• This reply was modified 4 months, 1 week ago by 5footnothing 5footnothing.
    5footnothing
    5footnothing
    Participant
    March 16, 2018 at 9:21 am #167457

…relate to the description I have given of this particular guy. Please help me because I am so confused as to where I stand with him!!