Girl at Work

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Girl at Work

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2019 at 8:37 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

PeterL
    PeterL
    Participant
    February 8, 2019 at 1:47 pm #194508
    Girl at Work

I really like a girl I work with, I’m planning on asking if she wants to go for a drink sometime, but I’m just not sure of the best way to do it. We get on great at work, spend a decent amount of time talking while at work, and we also occasionally talk a little over Facebook messenger away from work. In an ideal world I’d like to ask her in person away from work, but I rarely see her outside of work so that isn’t an option.

My question is, do I ask her at work, obviously when we’re alone, or do I ask her during one of our short chats over messenger? In person would be best I think, but then it would have to be at work which isn’t ideal, on top of that she doesn’t want to it’ll put her in an awkward position. The alternative is over texts, which is kind of a cop out in a way, but it will at least be while she’s at home rather than work, and will give her time to respond if she’s not sure how. Thoughts?

CuriousGuy
    CuriousGuy
    Participant
    February 8, 2019 at 7:59 pm #194519

I’ve done both, texting is easier for me.

hellokathrin
    hellokathrin
    Participant
    February 9, 2019 at 5:39 am #194526

sweet

Farmboy3018
    Farmboy3018
    Participant
    February 9, 2019 at 9:47 am #194538

I don’t think there is a wrong option here. Important think is that you try, and if she says no leave it at that. But I bet that won’t happen.sounds like she is probably interested too.

PeterL
    PeterL
    Participant
    February 9, 2019 at 11:01 am #194539

I don’t think there is a wrong option here. Important think is that you try, and if she says no leave it at that. But I bet that won’t happen.sounds like she is probably interested too.

Thanks for your reply, I think I may be over thinking things in all honesty, I have a habit of over analysing.

After more opinions if others read this thread.

salt.flow
    salt.flow
    Participant
    February 10, 2019 at 10:18 pm #194611

No idea if you’ve made a move yet but considering you’re overthinking (I’m so guilty of that), I would recommend doing it in person. Less opportunity for you to overthink and possibly back out. PeterL is right though, there really isn’t a wrong option so good luck.

sk_ren98
    sk_ren98
    Participant
    February 11, 2019 at 11:44 am #194694

I think you should bring up the conversation of having drinks with her, like ask her what her favorite bar or whatever is and yada yada. Then later up in text say “hey we have to try out that place together. you free this day?”

mrman1983
    mrman1983
    Participant
    February 26, 2019 at 10:17 am #195607

Do it!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 27, 2019 at 6:32 pm #195765
    Reply To: Girl at Work

No one is asking you to decide on whether to cut the “red wire” or the “blue wire”.
    RELAX! At this point it’s just drinks. You’re not proposing marriage!

You can either ask her in person at work or via social media.
    Just say something like: “I was wondering if you might want to grab a drink at blah blah (after work, this weekend, or whenever)

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: NEXT!

Best wishes!

niteowl
    niteowl
    Participant
    March 1, 2019 at 5:28 am #195853

Youre right when you say you think its best to do it in person, but you might want to try some very LIGHT flirting over messenger and see how she responds. If its in a positive way, see how she behaves the next day at work. If it seems positive again then work up the courage to ask if she wants to hang out sometime. Dont ask her to straight up date you and dont come out and say “i really like you.” If shes interested, then you will know by her response. We dont know what is said in your convos or if you two are actually flirting or just talking. Youre going to have to judge if she might like you more than a friend. Good luck.

RupertDelPrado
    RupertDelPrado
    Participant
    March 8, 2019 at 9:35 pm #196278

Talk to her!

March 10, 2019 at 5:23 am #196294

Be subtle about it. I randomly started chatting with a girl at work that eventually lead to us talking until 3am for two weeks straight. Then we got drinks and immediately were all over each other. The strongest connection I ever had with a woman but unfortunately my company has a strict no dating policy and so I got fired. She was senior to me and got a slap on the wrist. I was so mad.