Girl gives me a deep meaningful gift on first date… why?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2019 at 4:17 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

StrikeEagle15
    StrikeEagle15
    Participant
    April 1, 2019 at 7:41 am #197979

So I worked and worked and worked at trying to get this girl out on a date. She had turned me down several times before but finally I was assertive with her and wouldn’t take no for an answer because I told her “I knew she wanted to go” and then told her “so lets go” and we did. Funny thing is the date was for several weeks off. She refused to see me during that waiting time. Why? Then the time for the date had arrived. Before we began the date she gave me this really meaningful thought-out gift that pretty much represented who I was as a person through my hobbies. Because of her previous rejections and avoidance prior to the date I was not expecting that. I mean she put a lot of thought into it. Indecently we had a great time on the date. But I’m puzzled. I have no idea why she gave it to me since I had to try so hard to get her on the date in the first. Why the avoidance before the date and then why this kind of gift on the date? What does all this mean when a girl does this?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 1, 2019 at 2:01 pm #198011

It means she is NOT like most girls/women.
    Anyone who actually treats people like (individuals) is likely to set them self apart from others.
    Generally speaking people treat people the way they would hope to be treated.

Hopefully your date ended with prospects of going out again.
    If so, try to remember things she told you about herself which may help you get something specifically for her.
    Candy, flowers, or balloons would not cut it with a girl like her. Those items are too generic.
    Getting someone something specific or taking them to a place that interests them shows you’ve been listening.