Girl hasn’t answered text for hours

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 7:11 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MC52
    MC52
    Participant
    May 17, 2019 at 4:40 pm #200636

I’ve been dating this girl for 3 weeks and she definitely likes me. We’ve gone on 2 dates so far. We used to text like all day for the first 2 weeks but texting slowed down, however she sends me a Snapchat every morning before 8:30 when she’s at work. We snapped each other this morning, both sent a few selfies. Yesterday I asked her if she wanted to go out and she took awhile to respond but she said yeah that she was free Saturday. Well later in the day today I texted her asking if she would have dinner tomorrow night (sent at 12:00pm). Immediately after I sent the text, she posted a dumb insignificant snap on her story (very timely considering it was like 2 min after my text) and she still hasn’t responded (it’s 440 now). What the hell is going on? Is she testing me or something? I don’t know what to do, she’s driving me crazy

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    May 17, 2019 at 8:04 pm #200644

“We used to text like all day for the first 2 weeks but texting slowed down..”
    Call her!

Too often people act as if they don’t have time to have a live vocal conversation.
    A phone call can save you time guessing as well as allow you to hear the tone and inflection in her voice.
    Just ask her if you’re still on for Saturday and if so nail down the time, location, and whatever else.

If she’s not interested move on. You’ve only been dating for 3 weeks.
    Neither of you should be all that emotionally invested in one another. You’re not in an exclusive relationship.
    At this point both of you should be keeping your options open.

In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!

MC52
    MC52
    Participant
    May 17, 2019 at 9:31 pm #200645

Fuck the bitch I’m done with her

AnonymNom
    AnonymNom
    Participant
    May 18, 2019 at 6:08 pm #200652

She probably found someone else who’s physically their.

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    May 20, 2019 at 10:48 am #200726

Give her time to sort some things out. I would definitely snap again, but this time of just a selfie and see what her reaction is. If she talks about dinner then it she’s still interested, if she continues with a selfie or just doesn’t answer at all, then i’m sure you know where i’m going with this. Best of luck!!

Bambuzzle
    Bambuzzle
    Participant
    May 23, 2019 at 11:47 am #200979

Yeah, that`s right!

camhick706
    camhick706
    Participant
    May 24, 2019 at 12:21 pm #201000

Sounds like she is still interested in you but may have been expecting more chemistry as time went on and she could be either procrastinating or working on finding someone else, at the same time trying not to be rude and upset you, so it sounds like she does respect you enough to still give you answers when she is ready to

The Dude
    The Dude
    Participant
    May 25, 2019 at 7:20 pm #201063

Don’t text her, if she is interested in you he will text you. She may get loads of text from other men so by you not responding will make you stand out. if you’ve not heard back in 5 days or so then text her. If she doesn’t respond give up.