Girl I tried to be exclusive with wasn’t ready am I wrong or is she ?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2020 at 10:56 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

direstraits1987
    direstraits1987
    Participant
    March 22, 2020 at 11:35 pm #231850

so I am a 32 Male, she is 26 years old, I met her through someone I knew a while back and she always had a crush on me, well when things ended in her realtionship she reached out and came over and we had sex immediately, it turned into a hook up/ hang out thing all throughout the summer but never dates or anything, I made it clear and she heard me we could never date (I just never saw it happening). Anyways fast forward to a month or so ago I was dating around and came to a realization that I actually do want to date this person and that she is an awesome fit for me (we have almost identical interests/ always get a long). I asked her to come over to talk I told her I wanted to start dating and she was taken back, but she did say I moved on from you and started dating someone, I suggested lets try it, so we tried dating for a month and it was AWESOME we had a great time, last week she slept over and I told her I had dating apps I wanted to delete and wanted to be exclusive.

direstraits1987
    direstraits1987
    Participant
    March 22, 2020 at 11:39 pm #231851

she told me she needed more time (specifically saturday) this is when she was going to see this person and decide on things, I thought it was really weird, we had another sleep over during the week and after she had her friend go shopping with her, I texted her throughout the day but nothing all until the following morning, I texted her saying i’m going to the gym you must of had a hot date, she told me she didnt but something tells me she did since we always text constantly. I started thinking more and during the night I texted her saying Hey I had a lot of time to think and I really like you but I dont like this situation, I dont like waiting for a day to find out if you want to be with me or this other person. she didnt really fit for our relationship in the text, she told me if thats what I want then she understands, she told me I always will have a soft spot but maybe we should do this. I agreed and blocked her on social media and moved on, I am so confused why this person.

direstraits1987
    direstraits1987
    Participant
    March 23, 2020 at 7:42 am #231852

Really liked me for all this time, and finally when I want to be in a relationship she didnt want to commit, I told her she can take as much time as she wants to figure out us being exclusive that wasnt what bothered me, what bothered me is she is seeing two different men (me and this other person) and I don’t like how she wasnt genuinely ready like I was, I also didnt like how she didnt fight for this when I sent the message saying I didnt like the situation and maybe we shouldnt pursue this, I wrote her off and a lot of friends agreed that I made the right move because if a person doesn’t have the same feelings as you then why pursue them, I do understand I came back into her life demanding a lot but still. I would LOVE to hear other peoples opinions, I dont know if she will reach out ever but I will never contact her unless she does, I feel like everything is in her court.