Girl seems to like me but ignores my texts

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2019 at 3:23 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

north2080
    north2080
    Participant
    June 25, 2019 at 1:14 pm #202773

Ok ladies I need your help. Keep in mind that I’m a 20 year old male and she’s 23. I met this girl whom I asked out, and she was immediately receptive to the idea of a date. We hooked up on the first date and she told me a bit about how she was cheated on with her past relationship. Soon after I took her home, I shot a text to her saying that I really enjoyed the night we had and I was interested in spending more time with her. She said she was glad that I felt this way. I asked her what her weekend schedule was like and she said that her job schedule was spontaneous and unpredictable, so I said that I would catch up with her later in the week. I asked her on a Thursday if she was busy for the weekend, she never replied until I texted her again on Sunday. I playfully asked her how her weekend was, and she responded that it was fun and busy. I tried to spark a conversation to get the juices flowing again but she went dark again. How do approach her from here. Is she just busy?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 27, 2019 at 2:01 am #202887

If she is ignoring you she’s not into you!
    Any man or woman can tell you that.

You may be sexually incompatible in her mind.
    Usually if the sex was “out of this world” most people want seconds.
    If it was just so-so or average they are not in a rush to do that again.

One reason why many people subscribe to the idea of establishing a relationship before sex is to avoid a one night stand.
    There hope is the person will be so (emotionally invested) it will be hard for them to just walk away even if the sex isn’t great.

When people have sex (early on) they don’t feel the need to “work on it” if it was not very satisfying.
    You never get a second chance to make a great (first impression).

Go where you are celebrated and not tolerated.
    In other words stop reaching out to her and date other women!

She’s probably wondering when you’ll finally “get the hint” and give up.
    Who knows she might get curious in a few weeks and initiate contact with you.
    Best wishes!

indianpe
    indianpe
    Participant
    June 27, 2019 at 6:48 pm #203008

Try calling her up and see if you can vibe with her on the phone. Usually follow the call up with “Hey! I need to talk to you”

Sudden spike and she might be intrigued/worried what it’s going to be about. Just talk normally when you do call her. Lol

Tony2JZA80
    Tony2JZA80
    Participant
    June 28, 2019 at 1:53 pm #203079

I’d move on if I were you. Mutual interest is important if you want a perfect dating relationship. Maybe look into another person that you might have a better chance with.

momof2
    momof2
    Participant
    June 29, 2019 at 8:08 am #203107

She doesn’t want to get involved.

lc11005
    lc11005
    Participant
    June 30, 2019 at 5:43 am #203140

I don’t think she is into you she would have replied when you’d asked her out on the date. Maybe you should have avoided sex on the first date she may think you’re just after that. focus your attention on someone else who will actually respond and not go cold on you 🙂

dy163
    dy163
    Participant
    June 30, 2019 at 12:24 pm #203143

Been there.. its hard

colinwall87
    colinwall87
    Participant
    July 2, 2019 at 10:43 pm #203216
    Reply To: Girl seems to like me but ignores my texts

She probably didnt like the fact that she slept with someone on the first date.

RT1995AB
    RT1995AB
    Participant
    July 11, 2019 at 10:41 am #203569

Yes, like others have said, if she does not reply you should not continue to pursue. By constantly messaging her more, it makes things worse for you. Also, she may have not been ready for this, especially if she had just been in a hurtful breakup situation. Stop texting and focus on other things for now. If she really likes you, she will message you.

f1rstw0rldproblems
    f1rstw0rldproblems
    Participant
    July 11, 2019 at 6:24 pm #203586

I wouldn’t assume she is not interested, she replies even if only for a short time. She might actually just really be busy and not having time to sit down and text full blown conversations for hours. If she’s busy and you keep blowing up her phone she could grow an annoyance to seeing your text come thru and stop replying even when she gets a minute to text. If I were you I would just hang back and wait for her to continue the exchange.

andre85
    andre85
    Participant
    July 12, 2019 at 9:17 am #203596

just start to ignore her back, she will pull