Girl seems to like me but is ignoring my texts

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 5:50 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

north2080
    north2080
    Participant
    June 25, 2019 at 1:33 pm #202774

Keep in mind that I’m a 20 year old male and she’s 23. I met this girl whom I asked out, and she was immediately receptive to the idea of a date. We hooked up on the first date and she told me a bit about how she was cheated on with her past relationship. Soon after I took her home, I shot a text to her 2 days later saying that I really enjoyed the night we had and I was interested in spending more time with her. She said she was glad that I felt this way. I asked her what her weekend schedule was like and she said that her job schedule was spontaneous and unpredictable, so I said that I would catch up with her later in the week. I asked her on a Thursday if she was busy for the weekend, she never replied until I texted her again on Sunday. I playfully asked her how her weekend was, and she responded that it was fun and busy. I tried to spark a conversation to get the juices flowing again but she went dark again. How do approach from here, did I screw up or is she just busy?

Brrr in Alaska
    Brrr in Alaska
    Participant
    June 25, 2019 at 6:30 pm #202782

Sounds like you were a one night stand. A woman who is genuinely interested in you is going to make time for you every day no matter how busy she is. At the very least once every 2 days, even if it’s for a short time and only via text messages. Personally, any woman that would sleep with me on the first date isn;t worth another date. She’s not long term material I would want to pursue. Did you ever give any thought to how many other guys she went home with on the first date?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 27, 2019 at 1:41 am #202885

I agree with Brrr in Alaska, that she does not want to see you again. This was a one night stand.
    Ironically you sound like “the girl” in this situation whereby after having sex the guy becomes distant.

However I do disagree with his assertion that anyone who has sex on a first date isn’t worth a second date.
    Truth be told many women I’ve been with have slept with me on a first date. More often than not it wasn’t a date.
    I met them mostly in nightclubs back in those days. I never judged a woman for desiring me.

As for one night stands if the sex was “mind blowing” I always came back for seconds.
    Maybe she felt like the sex was just “so-so or average” and did not feel the need to repeat that again with you.

“I asked her what her weekend schedule was like and she said that her job schedule was spontaneous and unpredictable,”
    Seriously? If someone wants to spend time with you they will (make time) and not excuses.

I would move on and date other women.