Girl still texts/snaps after short term relationship breakup

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    May 5, 2019 at 8:29 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

MC52
    MC52
    Participant
    February 28, 2019 at 9:51 pm #195848

So i met this girl 2 summers ago on a school trip to Europe and we became good friends. She ended up secretly having feelings for me (which I kind of knew but she didn’t tell me until a year later). I really liked her too but after we came home from Europe we never went out on a date and just went out together with friends. She ends up getting a boyfriend but she did snap me once and awhile. we still occasionally hangout as friends with our other friends but i end up leaving for boot camp in the summer. During the summer she ended up breaking up with her boyfriend and when i graduate, she finds out and immediately texts me asking to hang out. So we hangout and kind of go on a date, we kissed, then made out at her house at night in the living room. we were gonna have sex but i was afraid to cause her whole family was home asleep so i feel like that might have turned her off. Long story short, she stop talking to me for a few days, I’m really confused, then we talk (next comment)

MC52
    MC52
    Participant
    February 28, 2019 at 9:57 pm #195849

and she tells me she kind of lost feelings for me but she wanted to be friends. so after, i end up going to infantry school and she occasionally snaps me and asks me how Im doing and we talk a bit on the phone even. I end up being lucky enough to come home a few times and i felt like she had some kind of feelings for me but everytime I asked her to hang out, she came up with excuses or whatever to not hangout (but we did hangout with a few other people. I go back to infantry school and she snaps/texts me again and even calls me at one point too. Eventually i come home AGAIN and we keep talking and snapping and i ask to hangout but she does the same excuses. Of course i end up going back to infantry school to finish up and she texts snaps me again (Same shit over and over again). so i’m finally home now (I’m a reservist so I’m stationed home) and I just don’t know what to do. i really really like this girl but I don’t know what to do and whether she sees me as a friend or

MC52
    MC52
    Participant
    March 1, 2019 at 9:55 am #195850

might still like me.

sparky404
    sparky404
    Participant
    March 4, 2019 at 12:14 am #195951

I guess the only way to really figure out what she wants is to communicate and ask her what her intentions are. If she tells you that she wants something more than a friendship, then maybe you two should try to make it work. If all she wants is a friendship, then I would start moving on. I get that you really like her, but continuing to want to be with her even though she doesn’t want you anymore isn’t the healthiest option.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    March 4, 2019 at 5:07 pm #195973

“..every time I asked her to hang out, she came up with excuses or whatever to not hangout ”

The only time she snaps you is when {you are far away} and unable to physically be with her.
    When you are “available” she has no interest in going out alone with you.
    That does not sound like a “coincidence” to me.

If you have to “figure someone out” it usually means they’re really not into you.
    Sounds like that ship has sailed. Move on!

Odds are once you have a girlfriend or are seriously dating someone she’ll suddenly contact you.
    Some people just love to know they still have the “option” of being with you if they ever wanted to.
    Who knows maybe if you ignore her she’ll turn up the heat to pursue you.
    Either way it’s best for you to keep your options open by (pursuing other women).

Best wishes!

ayeaye8
    ayeaye8
    Participant
    March 5, 2019 at 11:34 am #196018

Either she accepts a date or simply block her messages.

lostsimba23
    lostsimba23
    Participant
    March 8, 2019 at 6:38 pm #196275

As a girl, if I like the guy and he asks me out or have been away for a while, I will definitely make time to see him and hang out. I think she just talks to you when she’s bored. She wants someone to flirt but is not serious about you. Im sorry if it is too harsh but thats how I see it. It is better that you move on. You deserve someone who wont waste your time

MC52
    MC52
    Participant
    March 17, 2019 at 11:20 pm #196952

no because since I’ve been home she still snaps me