Girl tries to annoy me, red flag?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2019 at 7:22 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

jason90
    jason90
    Participant
    December 8, 2018 at 9:53 pm #190744

Hello,

So there’s this girl I know through mutual friends. She’s in her mid twenties. So a few days ago she walked up to me and we had the following interaction

Her: Do I annoy you?
    Me: No, why?
    Her: Damn! I’ve been trying to annoy you, it’s funny.

All of this was said with a smile on her face and she initiated the conversation. So two things: is this a form of flirting? More importantly, is this a potential red flag? Could this be an indicator of attention seeking behavior?

Thanks!

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 9, 2018 at 6:46 pm #190752

Clearly she is looking to flirt with you and wanted to get your attention.
    It’s only a “red flag” if you are considering getting into a relationship with her.
    Even then it may not be so much a “red flag” but rather a sign your idea of humor is different from hers.
    If you’re not interested her intentions do not matter.

bigheartcoldworld
    bigheartcoldworld
    Participant
    December 13, 2018 at 8:32 am #190974

She might be flirting but I don’t think she knows what she wants. You need to figure out exactly what you want and in turn she will do the same.

PinkFlareon
    PinkFlareon
    Participant
    December 13, 2018 at 8:32 am #190982

Some chicks especially in that age range, including me, suck nuggets at flirting. That was her idea of sounding playful and trying to flirt. Ita not at all a red flag, just be aware that she may not only do that to you, but based on that level of bad flirting, probably safe. She wants to be on your radar and all we women hear is to be direct, confident, and playful. Boom. So that’s all it was. Playful flirting. Attention seeking is WAY worse and you’d notice her roping along a lot of dudes if she were like that, and I’m guessing she isn’t.

twinkystar
    twinkystar
    Participant
    December 17, 2018 at 1:48 pm #191190

I think this is a sign of flirting. I don’t know, though. I’ve never flirted and no one has flirted with me.

devdo
    devdo
    Participant
    January 10, 2019 at 12:36 am #192291

I would suggest that you forget about having a relationship and bang her for all she’s worth.