Girlfriend problems

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Girlfriend problems

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2018 at 11:47 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dburg7454
    dburg7454
    Participant
    June 3, 2018 at 10:45 pm #176024
    Girlfriend problems

I’m 19 and my girlfriend is 18. Lately I’ve become very jealous of what may seem like strange reasons to most but I feel like I need advice to know how to look at these things and overcome my problems. My girl has a very close realationship with her older sister. I feel like when she spends time with her which is usually 3-4 days at a time, she has much more fun than when she’s with me. While she’s there they many times drink while she’s at her apartment and I rarely ever get invited to these things to enjoy drinking with my girlfriend. Also she’s only stayed the night at my house once in what is a year now and when she goes there like I said she usually stays for half a week. Often times I’ve felt like I’ve had to fight for time with my girlfriend over her sister who I forgot to mention was 25 I think. I understand that she has to spend time with her family but I have become very jealous the last several months and I feel like it’s not for very good reasons. I feel like I just don’t

dburg7454
    dburg7454
    Participant
    June 3, 2018 at 10:46 pm #176025

Know how to look at things the right way. But it just really gets under my skin at times and considering I tend to be an anxious person as well doesn’t help matters at all. I hope someone here can help me.

dburg7454
    dburg7454
    Participant
    June 4, 2018 at 8:09 am #176026

She’s very slow to text me back as well when she’s with her. When I say slow I’m talking about 20 mins to an hour almost every text. I would like to say that I know for a fact that she is not cheating on me. So everyone please stay away from that idea.

dburg7454
    dburg7454
    Participant
    June 4, 2018 at 8:09 am #176027

I would like to say that I know for a fact she is not cheating so please stray your replies from that topic.

tvdfan123
    tvdfan123
    Participant
    June 4, 2018 at 12:28 pm #176121

Hi, sorry to hear that you are experiencing such problems. My advice to you first and foremost is to express how you’re feeling to your girlfriend. Ask her to take some time out just to have a chat about how things are going in your relationship and try and communicate your feelings to her. Express to her that you feel that she is giving more time and attention to her sister rather than you and ask her whether she has noticed this or not. Tell her how you feel about her and how you think the relationship is going at the moment. Suggest that you two do more things together that ensure that you can have that extra time that you need to bond. A few suggestions would be to go on a picnic or go out for dinner. I hope things get better in your relationship and that you overcome your problems. Let us know how it gets on.

Arcann85
    Arcann85
    Participant
    June 26, 2018 at 12:57 am #177928

Honestly, I do have to say this girl has known her sister ALOT longer than she has known you regardless of how long you have been together, you are a date, her sister is family. Her sister is someone she can go to and ask about life questions as her sister has more experience. People tend to get mixed up about their personal feelings and relationships. People believe dating is about what that other person does for me or what they can do for me or how they make me feel. It’s actually the exact opposite, its about what you do for that person and respecting their needs even when that means space and the freedom to speak to who they want…now that doesnt mean its okay for her to CHEAT on you, no…but she is still within her means by spending alot of time with her family. Just back off a bit and allow her … If she truly loves you, she will come back when the time is right.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 28, 2018 at 12:10 pm #178240

“I would like to say that I know for a fact she is not cheating so please stray your replies from that topic.”
    You sound like you’re not only the “jealous type” but you’re also controlling!

If you know for a fact she’s not cheating you have nothing to be jealous about!
    It’s never a good idea to try and separate anyone from their family.

You said: “I tend to be an anxious person” and “Oftentimes I’ve felt like I’ve had to {fight for time} with my girlfriend ”
    She’s only spent the night ONCE at your house in over a year. People are always where (they choose) to be!
    That’s not normal for two people “in love”.

Whether she’s cheating or not she’s creating distance within the relationship.
    To be honest with you very few people find their “soulmate” at age 18 or 19.

You feel like you’re the only one keeping the relationship alive.
    What would happen if you didn’t call/text her?
    Would (she) initiate contact with you?
    If not, she’s really not “into you”. Move on.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    June 28, 2018 at 12:15 pm #178242

Generally speaking people don’t change unless (they) are unhappy.

There are only two ways to experience joy and peace of mind in relationships.
    We either get what we want or we learn to be happy with what we have.
    Accept them (as is) or move on. The choice is up to us. Choose wisely!

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

Suffering is optional

pubamoto
    pubamoto
    Participant
    June 28, 2018 at 12:40 pm #178257

I would just accept it

zazaz
    zazaz
    Participant
    June 29, 2018 at 11:28 am #178356
    Reply To: Girlfriend problems

I think you should accept it partially, but also let her know how you feel.

andrewmark15
    andrewmark15
    Participant
    June 30, 2018 at 3:02 am #178503
    Reply To: Girlfriend problems

just accept it

More advice remove#
    rebrand.#ly/Secret-Tips-Ex-Back
    rebrand.#ly/Secret-Tips-Ex-Back

WelshDude
    WelshDude
    Participant