Girlfriend staying at moms house while dad is in hospital.

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 12:14 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

brag251
    brag251
    Participant
    January 14, 2020 at 11:47 pm #227829

Hi all and thanks for taking the time to hear my situation. I have been dating this wonderful woman for 8 months and we hit it off really good and I really love her. I am 43 and she is 45 and she has been wonderful not only to me but also my daughter who is 5 but lives with her mother as I get every other weekend. Recently her dad was diagnosed with liver cancer and had surgery and he got really sick after the surgery and almost died but he has gotten better since then but not out of the woods as for now.

The problem I am facing is that now she has been staying with her mother who speaks basically no English and I am bothered because she has two siblings who basically live off of her parents and I feel that they should share some of the responsibility in caring for her mother ( who is not ill ) but basically not able to do anything on her own as she does not know how to do so. I don’t want to lose her but I am not wanting to take care of her mother as I speak only English.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 15, 2020 at 1:46 pm #227878

“I have been dating this wonderful woman for 8 months…”
    ” I am bothered because she has two siblings who basically live off of her parents…”
    ” I feel that they should share some of the responsibility in caring for her mother…”
    “I don’t want to lose her but I am not wanting to take care of her mother as I speak only English.”

First of all, Slow Your Roll!
    You shouldn’t be stressed out at the 8 month mark nor envisioning these people as being in-laws!
    While (8 months) is long enough to proclaim you’re in an exclusive relationship it’s still not marriage!
    The average relationship generally lasts 2-3 years or less. You’re overly committed.

How your (girlfriend) and her siblings treat their parents is none of your business.
    There is no way you should be worried about or even contemplating the possibility of taking care of her mother!

You should resist the urge to put on a cape to come to everyone’s rescue!
    Allow the relationship to evolve or run it’s natural course.