Girls, why do you refuse to ask guys out?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Girls, why do you refuse to ask guys out?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 9:51 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

January 26, 2015 at 1:04 pm #71844
    Reply To: Girls, why do you refuse to ask guys out?

for me it’s the approach, breaking the ice and starting conversation first that bothers me the most, not so much asking out and planning, setting up to the date

Hawk120
    Hawk120
    Participant
    January 30, 2015 at 11:36 pm #72297

Excellent Question.

February 1, 2015 at 3:41 pm #72327

ya it gets annoying being told to Man Up, Grow a Pair, Grow some Balls, Be a Man, etc., so much it makes me feel like punching another mans lights out for telling me that

davidh27
    davidh27
    Participant
    February 1, 2015 at 3:51 pm #72330

Its actually fun to talk to girls and ask them out. I find my night is always more adventurous because i am meeting new people and making things happen, really reminds a guy of his own power.

February 1, 2015 at 4:17 pm #72332

Its actually fun to talk to girls and ask them out. I find my night is always more adventurous because i am meeting new people and making things happen, really reminds a guy of his own power.

well not every guy shares your mindset

patience
    patience
    Participant
    February 1, 2015 at 9:34 pm #72336

Sometimes it leads to everything being initiated by the woman. The guy does not contact the woman he only responds if she calls/texts/emails first.

February 2, 2015 at 1:28 pm #72409

Sometimes it leads to everything being initiated by the woman. The guy does not contact the woman he only responds if she calls/texts/emails first.

so its supposed, meant to be that way the other way around? as in the girl does not contact the guy, she only responds if the guy calls/texts/first, is it supposed to be that way throughout the relationship as well?

February 2, 2015 at 5:45 pm #72441

I am 26 and when it comes to initiating whether it’s a conversation or date I am usually that girl. I am very aggressive. In this, I usually dont get the effort back and when I back off of a little effort, hoping to get some back, I usually get dropped faster than I can blink an eye. This is why I have tried refraining from always initiating.

davehanes25
    davehanes25
    Participant
    February 3, 2015 at 5:16 pm #72484

i really think that in 2015 we should be able to have girls approach guys, also because i have met girls that think because that is how we run as a society they think its okay to just let the guy do all the work and go get it, come on ladies meet us half way

Anonymous
    Anonymous
    February 4, 2015 at 1:12 pm #72533

they always dont like trying it out

Springfairy
    Springfairy
    Participant
    February 23, 2015 at 5:17 pm #73990

Because I lack self-confidence and do not believe the guy that I’m interested in could possibly like me, despite the fact that he even once
    told me that he had a dream that I kissed him.Still not convinced, because I keep making up “He’s just using me for kicks and giggles” lol.

• This reply was modified 4 years, 7 months ago by Springfairy Springfairy.
    samzuck15
    samzuck15
    Participant
    February 23, 2015 at 10:26 pm #74000

Some girls actually do ask out guys.

Fluriana
    Fluriana
    Participant
    February 28, 2015 at 10:23 am #74400

Because guys take such girls for granted!

Munkygirl
    Munkygirl
    Participant
    February 28, 2015 at 11:31 pm #74421

1st, I think it depends on the age of the woman and her history. If she just split with someone from being married for a while, maybe she doesn’t know what to do. If you are talking about younger woman, than maybe they just have the expectation of the guy to make the move, since that was how it has always been. I am older and take after the first scenario. But I just had a younger guy at a bar start talking to me and ask me to dance. It actually made me feel uncomfortable, because I didn’t really know what to do. I felt like he didn’t really get to know me at all. Sometimes I think guys come on a little too strong and it scares a woman. If I could ask a guy out for a meal just to get to know him better, that would be cool, but most guys have expectations and not all woman like that. It would be nice just to be friends first and then let things unfold if they are meant to.

Munkygirl
    Munkygirl
    Participant
    February 28, 2015 at 11:34 pm #74422

Usually if a woman contacts the guy, he freaks out and doesn’t respond ever.

1 2 3