Girls, why do you refuse to ask guys out?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Girls, why do you refuse to ask guys out?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    September 9, 2019 at 1:36 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

CastleInSky
    CastleInSky
    Participant
    March 2, 2015 at 9:13 am #74445

Partly it is tradition — even today, some girls are raised to believe that guys ask girls out.
    Partly it is personality – a shy girl, a sensitive girl is less likely to ask a guy out. It takes much to conquer shyness, and more to conquer rejection.
    Maybe it’s confusion sometimes – the girl isn’t quite sure about you or your affections.
    And it could just be bad timing for you — if you are expecting certain girls to ask you out, perhaps in the recent past they asked other guys and were rejected. That’s enough to make someone stop for a while, not take a chance. Hopefully you never are stubborn enough to say, “I think she should do the asking, and if she doesn’t, then no date,” because you really could end up losing. If you really like someone, go for it.

freebees
    freebees
    Participant
    March 5, 2015 at 6:27 am #74783

I guess for me it’s definitely that fear factor of getting rejected and it’s pretty easy to cop out and tell yourself “well if he really likes me, he’ll ask me out” Also, sometimes I tell myself that I’m reading too much into the guys actions and that although he’s doing things that seem like flirting he’s not actually interested and that I’m just projecting my wishful thinking onto him and I don’t want to ask him out then turn what friendship or whatever we do have awkward. so I guess two big reasons for me are 1. Fear of rejection 2. Doubt that he actually likes me

elcabo995
    elcabo995
    Participant
    March 20, 2015 at 12:23 am #75704

This annoys me as well

1 2 3