Going on a date next week need help

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 7:03 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

dragonblade392
    dragonblade392
    Participant
    February 19, 2018 at 1:08 pm #165909

So next week I’m going on a date with this girl and we’re both pretty quiet. I’ve liked her for a while now so this date is a dream come true however, I don’t want to bore her on the date so I need advice on how to know when to talk and what to talk about. I can be really talkative when it’s around my other friends because I’m not the one who makes the topic so I usually have a hard time talking to people that don’t talk a lot.

pls help

bassmaster24
    bassmaster24
    Participant
    February 19, 2018 at 4:47 pm #165938

I think we’ve all hyped ourselves up a bit much for a date with a woman we had a crush on. You might want to take a minute to relax so you can approach this relaxed rather than super nervous. You’re seeing if she is a good fit for you just as much as she is scoping you out. Your post comes across as a bit nervous so try and relax, if it works out it works out, if it doesn’t then there are plenty of other better fits.

Depending on how much you know about her. My goal is usually to determine what her values are, what she wants in life, and how fun she is to spend time with. Telling a funny personal story is a good way to start off a conversation and see where it goes

sinbad2011
    sinbad2011
    Participant
    February 21, 2018 at 3:24 pm #166149

Hey. You are going on a date. That means, Both of you are seeing if you are compatible with each other. This is where you both showcase your personality. If you are already in love with her and not interested in seeing if you are a good fit, then you are going in with the wrong mindset.

what to talk about? Things you are into and things she is into. If you’re into traveling, talk about traveling. Tell some traveling stories, likes, dislikes, or whatever. Then find out a little about her. Then, find out what she is into, listen and be curious. Be you 100%. You want to give value by sharing about yourself, then expect the girl to share about herself. Lead the conversation to be that way. You have lots to talk about. You are both people with backstories.

Good luck!

WaHazlehurst1994
    WaHazlehurst1994
    Participant
    February 27, 2018 at 5:43 pm #166530

Whilst I have little experience of dating I find that family anecdotes can often draw out conversations a lot as it’s something we all have. I used to sit awkwardly when in someone else’s company with time to kill as I could never figure out what to talk about. Good luck!

Jimherb
    Jimherb
    Participant
    February 28, 2018 at 12:59 am #166548

Definitely talk about HER. Ask her questions so that she can talk about herself. Don’t make it about you and keep telling her about yourself. Letting her talk about herself makes her feel important and confident

Frank82
    Frank82
    Participant
    March 7, 2018 at 10:28 am #166968

I think some of the best dates for people who are worried about what they are going to do or say are carnivals, boardwalks, or someplace that has a wide variety of lights, sounds, noises, etc… Having you senses stimulated and being mildly distracted is good for over thinking. you dont have to be constantly talking, but the topic should mostly be you getting to know her. girls that are interested usually like having their hand held, doors opened for them, and a good smile. make these available…