Going out as friends

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Going out as friends

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2020 at 10:28 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

herkamer63
    herkamer63
    Participant
    December 29, 2019 at 8:23 am #227032
    Going out as friends

If anyone had read my last thread, “Potential Date Coming”, I asked the woman out last night. For a lite background, we have known each other for 2-3 years, and we have some of the same interests. When I asked last night, she did say she has a boyfriend. However, she DID say she would like to go out as friends, which I said was fine because I when I asked her, I had said it was going to get a little harder heading up her way since she lives in another town (and I actually getting ready to do a lot of traveling here soon).

She did hug me and seemed happy. Now, I need to send her a message because she asked me too. My question is when do I send that message? I asked her out last night (1/29/19) and I thought about messaging her tomorrow (1/30/19). Is that too soon, too late, or just right? I don’t want to give her the wrong impression is all because I do like her, but I want to respect her space, even though our relationship seems pretty good. I don’t want to screw this up. Thanks!

JesperT
    JesperT
    Participant
    December 29, 2019 at 11:23 am #227034

I am getting the feeling this could turn out for the worst.
    If you are expecting a date and she just “want so be friends” there will typically be problems. Typically she will never start see you as anything else as a friend.
    I wish you good luck, but just don’t hope for too much,

About the message, I don’t really understand what the purpose of the message is? To set up the time for the meeting/date?
    If she told you to message her, I don’t see the problem in doing it the next day. If she is really interested such things wont matter very much.
    If you wait way too long I suppose it might seem strange.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 29, 2019 at 6:56 pm #227049

“..she did say she has a boyfriend. However, she DID say she would like to go out as friends,..”

True “friends” can grab a bite to eat or meet for cocktails anytime. There shouldn’t be any urgency on your part.
    Secondly since she has a boyfriend it’s a good chance they may have end of year plans through New Year’s Day.

Since you’re “just friends” you can touch base with her in a couple of weeks.
    In the meantime you should be focusing on other women for pursuing (romantic) dating opportunities.

I wouldn’t invest a lot of time, energy, or money to travel to another town just to have a face to face conversation with a friend. It’s one thing if you’re going to be in the area and it’s a whole other thing making (special) arrangements.

Be honest with YOURSELF! If you’re hoping to convert a friendship into a relationship you have a “hidden agenda”!
    If you truly see her as just a “platonic friend/sibling” person to (hang out with) then there should be no rush to see her.

Angel7777
    Angel7777
    Participant
    December 30, 2019 at 2:08 am #227056

As a woman she likes you, but has a boyfriend as long as no ring on her finger its ok.