Got dumped and think I was maybe too nice

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Got dumped and think I was maybe too nice

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    August 8, 2018 at 4:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

te007
    te007
    Participant
    September 5, 2017 at 7:27 pm #148241
    Reply To: Got dumped and think I was maybe too nice

Move on dude. If she really loved you she wouldn’t have done that. I know it’s hard but I think its for the best.

problemchild
    problemchild
    Participant
    September 6, 2017 at 10:45 am #148294

Well, just to wrap this up. I am moving on. It hurts, because I fell into her trap, which was just to re-initiate contact enough to make it so she could see it was not so easy for me. We ended up talking on the phone and most of it was about how she and I never put enough of a label on things, you know “girlfriend”, “boyfriend” etc . . . There wasn’t a lot of time for that frankly.

Anyway, she was living across the country. I flew out there. Then her ex did, unbeknownst to me. He made his play. I flew her back. She did it again, and now mostly she just talked about having the same feeling for me, but that not having definition of what we were not being enough. He made an offer, she said, and it took courage, and I am going with it. Ouch.

I reiterated my point of I’m letting you go, no contact, etc . . . It hurt more this time because of having to hear all this other stuff. But it is definitive. She says she is still in love, but moving on. How do I?

ls7ur
    ls7ur
    Participant
    September 6, 2017 at 11:51 pm #148403

I say move on, not worth your time

1 2