greencard seeker

DATING ADVICE FORUM

greencard seeker

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    July 7, 2018 at 12:11 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kp
    kp
    Participant
    May 24, 2018 at 11:07 am #175150
    greencard seeker

3 years ago, I went to a coming out support group and met a latin guy. Soon, we were dating. After a few months I learnt that he was seeing a counselor at the lgbt center who told him there was a “cute guy” in the group that he thought would be a good match.

I was very clear with him from the start, I was in a nasty drawn out divorce process with my ex wife and I have two daughters.

He also told me that he is planning to work another year or two and then move back to his home country.

He has tried repeatedly to get me to move away from children, even to his home country.

He quit his job in Dec with no backup plan, he had to move from his rental end of April. He’s living with me.

Yesterday he dropped the bomb, he’s been in the country illegally since 2002 and due to being arrested for some stupid mistake he can’t renew his greencard and hinted that he can stay if someone married him. He has 3 weeks before his driver’s license expires and he has to leave the country.

What to do?

TheGuy
    TheGuy
    Participant
    May 24, 2018 at 5:14 pm #175238

Your so screwed 🙂
    Yep he does Want that Green card, as For What to do only You can awnser, does he like You For Who You are or is he using, People are different And show there affection on different ways. Some are Hot some are cold, since You are Wondering What to do I think You know the answer.
    I am pretty sure You have a cold relationship And unsecured, do not marry him. Find someone else. It Hard but that life.

kp
    kp
    Participant
    May 25, 2018 at 9:40 am #175280

Thing is, I really do believe he fell in love with me and I with him, though I’ve had this gnawing feeling something was amiss all along.

It might sound weird but I told him he can stay with me until he goes. We both go thru a rollercoaster of emotions, laughing, crying, sad, angry ….

I know it might just prolong the suffering, but it gives us a little more time to say goodbye…