Guy asks questions about ex-boyfriends but he doesn't want to date

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2018 at 9:35 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Cindy007
    Cindy007
    Participant
    January 19, 2018 at 3:02 pm #162872

I speak to a guy for almost for 8 months online – it is not from a dating site. He asked me questions about my ex-boyfriends after I asked if I could meet him in real life. He would like to meet if it is unplanned so he would not feel the pressure and I shouldn’t make plans for him and depend on his timetable, he told. I answered his questions clearly about boyfriends and guyfriends.
    He asked me if we will meet: “do you want to date with me and marry me when we meet? or do you have other plans?” I told him it is definitely not a no.. more likely a yes but we have to meet for that I said. I asked him the dating question and he answered “no, I don’t want to date with you because I feel like being by myself” For marriage, he would wait for a soulmate.

Now my question is: what does he try to tell me? I can’t decipher this. Did I turn him off somewhere? Should I tell him something to amend things? But I don’t know what to say. My request was only about meeting and not to make a drama of this. It is just a meeting where you say hi and bye to each other.

PS. This topic does not belong to online dating because we meet for formal things usually.

• This topic was modified 10 months, 4 weeks ago by Cindy007 Cindy007.
    Mel4everable
    Mel4everable
    Participant
    February 1, 2018 at 9:43 am #164139

Ummm to me it seems as if he is moving to quickly. Eight months is a long time to be talking to someone and thus it is expected that his feelings may be intensifies. I understand that he may have the desire to marry you but sometimes talking online and actually seeing the person in front of you can be totally different. I feel like you guys really need to meet up and see how it goes from there cause I’m sure there is a lot more to learn. My suggestion however is if it is not on the same path as you, in relation to the marriage and soulmate thing, you may want to let him go sweetie. I understand that you don’t want to marry someone just like that right now – especially since you barely know him. Evidently, you guys are on two different wave lengths and therefore I believe that you should go your separate ways.