Guy Blocked Me After I Ignored His Text Message

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    January 1, 2019 at 10:15 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

kiwistwbry
    kiwistwbry
    Participant
    December 24, 2018 at 7:13 am #191651

He hasn’t been committing to me, so I sent him this text…

“I chose you. Because I like who you are as a person. I know that you are caring and a good guy. But you don’t seem to know what you want. I do know what I want, and it is not us flirting at work but not hanging out outside of work. I deserve a guy who chooses me 100%. I see you but you don’t see me. I am sad but there’s nothing I can do, so we will just have to be nothing more than coworkers.. Just like I am with all of the other people we work with.”

His reply was, “K”

…7 hours later he texts “what are you doing?”

And when I didn’t reply, 3 minutes later he said “goodnight”

The next day I sent him a reply and noticed it didn’t say “delivered” at the bottom of the message.

He has in fact blocked me.

Any thoughts as to why??

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 5 days ago by kiwistwbry kiwistwbry.
    dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 24, 2018 at 12:17 pm #191653

“we will just have to be nothing more than coworkers.. Just like I am with all of the other people we work with.”
    (His reply was “K” ) He then preceded to ask you a general question as a friend/co-worker.

So from an outsider’s point of view it appears you were hoping your text would stimulate a “reaction”.
    You wanted him to tell you that he wanted more than a friendship/coworker arrangement.
    You wanted him to offer you some type of explanation as to why he had not made more of an effort and so on.

After he read your final sentence which implied you had made up your mind {He Accepted YOUR Decision}.

Once you chose to ignore his reply it was an indication to him that you didn’t even want to be (his friend).
    Essentially it was a double rejection in his mind. If he were any other “co-worker” would have ignored his text?

He blocked you because he was pissed off at your non-response after saying you could be friendly co-workers.
    He was willing to just be friends. Can you?

kiwistwbry
    kiwistwbry
    Participant
    December 26, 2018 at 7:35 am #191666

I see what you mean. Another thing though is he has a GF. I guess that rubbed me the wrong way when he was flirting with me at work and sending these brief texts like “goodnight”…”see you tomorrow”. I felt like I was being used as a side chick. He was acting like he wanted more with me while also not willing to be exclusive with me. He didn’t seem like he was trying to have his cake and eat it too?

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 26, 2018 at 10:32 am #191689

Some people unfortunately love to flirt.
    They get their ego stroked by having others validate them as being attractive or a catch.

It’s also possible he would have used you as being a side chick if you’d given him the opportunity.

Whatever he deems to missing from his current relationship doesn’t rise to the level of being a “deal breaker”.
    If it did he would have probably broke up with his girlfriend rather than seek out someone on the side.

Most cheaters are not looking to (replace) one relationship with another.
    Their goal is to “compliment” what they already have.
    Cheating is all about accumulating MORE than what one has with the least amount of effort.

TheDragon
    TheDragon
    Participant
    December 27, 2018 at 12:06 pm #191712

I’d say you are better off without him. As a prior poster said, he’s probably just a flirt and isn’t interested in a committed relationship.

kiwistwbry
    kiwistwbry
    Participant
    December 27, 2018 at 9:09 pm #191725

All great points. Thank you so much!