Guy willing to travel far to see me – what to do?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2018 at 5:04 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

rotcbabe
    rotcbabe
    Participant
    October 20, 2018 at 7:40 am #187586

Hey there, so I’ll just dive right into the details! So I’m currently back up at school, which is about a 4 1/2hr drive from home. Back at home, I met this guy through mutual friends that rides/races dirtbikes at a lot of the same tracks (fun fact:I ride dirtbikes). I invited him to come riding not long ago, and we had a lot of fun together. I didn’t really see it as a “date,” but more so just as two friends hanging out, NOT that I wasn’t interested in him. But after that, we started talking a lot and basically now he’s driving all the way up to see me this Sunday (which I’m by no means against, I really like him!). But how do I react when he gets here? What do we do? Like, do I hug him when he arrives or?! I’m rusty at this whole “dating thing,” but I know he’s interested in me (he’s made it very clear). And I know he’s not doing it for sex FYI (I have a pretty good judgement of character.) but any date ideas or what I should do?! Thanks in advance 🙂

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    October 20, 2018 at 3:01 pm #187601

You’re probably overthinking this.
    If you like him and he likes you everything will work itself out naturally.
    You can show him around the campus, research to see if anything interesting is taking place while he’s in town.
    Go out to see a movie and have dinner afterwards or go to listen to some live music.

As for making out/having sex only do so because YOU want to.
    Don’t feel obligated. Having said that any guy who drives 4 /12 hours (hopes) to get laid.
    That’s a pretty long drive to receive a “fist bump” or a “high five”.
    Clearly he’s romantically interested in you.

Nevertheless no matter what happens you don’t want to emotionally invest too soon.
    Long distance relationships were meant to be temporary.
    Whenever there is no light at the end of the tunnel whereby someone will be relocating soon couples tend to drift apart.

It’s the counting down of the months, weeks, and days until one is done with being in a LDR that keeps it strong!
    LDRs are for soulmates. Date locally for FUN.