Guys call wife & current gf as "EX"

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    November 11, 2019 at 1:47 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Wanda
    Wanda
    Participant
    October 22, 2019 at 11:42 pm #223846

I recently noticed a lot of guys I know from online dating are calling their partner as “EX” when they are still together:
    – married man who still living with their wife & kid, not separated yet, talking about divorce proceeding now
    – married man who still living with their wife and kids, not talking about divorce
    – married man who live apart from their wife and kid for 12 years, not divorce yet
    – single man who live with their gf but in separate room (he claim so)
    – single man who broke off with their gf but still texting and chatting with them (cannot get over his ex)

Are they just trying to use the term “ex” to let the girls feel they are “available” some how, but asking for date, support, attention, sex. This is such a bad deal for the girls as things get really depressing and messy during the divorce if the girl stay & support him, but after the divorce most guys will said the divorce scare him, he want to “take a break and enjoy his single life”.

• This topic was modified 2 weeks, 6 days ago by Wanda Wanda.
    Wanda
    Wanda
    Participant
    October 22, 2019 at 11:45 pm #223848

Have any of you encounter such cases? There are so many guys doing that now.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    November 5, 2019 at 2:14 am #224660

Such circumstances are not all that uncommon especially if a couple owns a home together and it’s not just guys.
    Prior to my getting divorced from my first wife there was a period where we had separate bedrooms/different home phone lines.
    More often than not the tension rises to such a point where someone feels they have to move out for their own peace of mind.
    However there are some former couples I imagine who maintain a friendship and can handle being roommates.

I also dated a woman who had been separated from her husband for 20 years and neither bothered to file for divorce.
    They weren’t in contact nor did they know where the other was living. Lack of finances can sometimes play a part as well.
    They may be saving money to move but also want to date.

In other instances remaining married can serve as buffer to keep a person from impulsively jumping into another marriage.
    They would have to go through the expense/legal process before they could get married again.