Have been in love with this guy for 11 years

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    April 4, 2020 at 12:00 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Sachi
    Sachi
    Participant
    February 26, 2020 at 1:01 pm #230530

I have been in love with this guy from my school ever since I was a teenager. We were acquaintances in school but haven’t been in touch after that. A few months ago I started talking to him through fb. We chatted 2-3 times. It’s always me who initiates the conversation but he always replies to my texts. A month ago I told him about my feelings (that I love him for that last 11 years) and asked him out. He replied that he appreciates the fact that I told him about my feelings and will let me know when he is free so that we can meet. But it’s been more than a month and I haven’t heard from him again. I am so confused and hurt. Please tell me what to do.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    February 27, 2020 at 5:53 pm #230613

“I have been in love with this guy from my school ever since I was a teenager.”
    “We were acquaintances in school but haven’t been in touch after that..”

“It’s {always me} who initiates the conversation..”

“He replied that he appreciates the fact that I told him about my feelings and will let me know when he is free..”
    “..it’s been more than a month and I haven’t heard from him again. I am so confused and hurt.”

You shouldn’t be confused at all!
    If a guy is “into you” he is going to make the effort and find the time to be with you.
    Clearly he was “flattered” you have a crush on him but he is NOT romantically interested in YOU.

Guys get rejected all the time.
    In a world with over 7 Billion people rejection just means: Next!
    Go where you’re appreciated and not tolerated.

“Never love anyone who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde

Best wishes!

lly223
    lly223
    Participant
    March 7, 2020 at 3:36 am #231071

this s so touching and too some courage to as him out. proud of you. you do not realize the mile stone you achieved in doing that and don’t want you to worry much about hm you have told him how you felt give him space to reach out if he’s interested and if not now i t ‘ s hard to say but you just have to move on.

Coldphoenix1
    Coldphoenix1
    Participant
    March 7, 2020 at 10:47 am #231082

It does sound like he was trying to let you down gently… which is so heartbreaking but as others have said maybe time to move on?
    Or if you really want to pursue it, maybe give it some time and ask him for a drink or something? I’m not sure how is the best way to catch his interest sorry 🙁