Have i been Ghosted? Should i text again

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    February 2, 2020 at 5:00 am FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lenovo85
    lenovo85
    Participant
    January 29, 2020 at 7:11 am #228572

I recently decided to get back into dating and got talking to a girl just before xmas. Early Jan we decided to meet and spent 4 hours talking non stop over a drink, she even asked at the end of the date if we can meet up again to which i agreed.

She was never a frequent texter which is fine by me, maybe one of two messages a day. We met again for a 2nd date two weeks later played mini golf and again went for a drink….i did a bit of flirting which seemed welcome but no flirting from her side, during our convo she claimed we had a connection. At the end of the date she asked to see me again for dinner and shared a kiss before going our seperate ways.

I sent a message the following day saying i enjoyed seeing her again and when if she free for dinner? 24hrs later, message back saying she had a nice time, was busy the coming week but can do the week after.

I responded saying thats fine, let me know whens is best? 3 days later and no reply – have i been ghosted and should i text again?

• This topic was modified 3 weeks, 6 days ago by lenovo85 lenovo85.
    rd1988
    rd1988
    Participant
    January 29, 2020 at 8:39 pm #228641

It sounds like that is possibly the case. Most people are never far from their phone these days so there must be a reason why they’ve not replied. There’s no harm in replying back, not in a nasty way, but just seeing how she is?

scott011
    scott011
    Participant
    January 29, 2020 at 11:46 pm #228646

Sounds like you have been ghosted. I would not send anymore text, make you look needy. I have experienced something very similar. If she does eventually text you back it is likely the guy shes with now simply did not work out. Time to move on.

misformani
    misformani
    Participant
    January 30, 2020 at 7:15 pm #228699

Nah, she was being passive aggressive about saying she’s not interested (how it sounds). Fall back from her

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    January 31, 2020 at 1:48 am #228708

There is a good chance you may have been ghosted.
    No one is so busy they can’t find time to send a text reply over a (3) day period!
    At any rate you’ve already extended the invitation so the ball is in her court.
    Move on and don’t look back!

In the future keep your options open by dating (multiple women) until there is a discussion on being exclusive.
    The mistake a lot of people make is (behaving) as if they’re already in an exclusive relationship.
    This causes them to become emotionally invested in someone (they barely know) and thus being ghosted hurts more.

lenovo85
    lenovo85
    Participant
    February 3, 2020 at 10:37 am #228833

It’s ok im not emotionally invested and i am dating others, just this one was top of the list, plus i’ve never been ghosted before so i found this a really strange situation hence why i wanted some advice.

Anyway i’ve left it and still no word, so theres the answer. If she turns Zombie on me it’s game over for her unless someone died, which is probably the best excuse to justify that, otherwise its just a shitty trait for someone to have.

February 3, 2020 at 11:54 am #228839

Sorry man, that’s the worst feeling ever. The girl I’m currently talking to ghosted my best friend about a year ago. Now is jealous of him and she wants to get with him I think low key. Even though she said were talking, idk but all I can say is she might not be into it right now and that’s why she’s ghosting you. Be patient that’s the golden rule my friend.

blazingdj
    blazingdj
    Participant
    February 10, 2020 at 1:37 am #229338

Maybe or maybe not, I think you should text her if you really want to know what’s going on and if she’s not interested in having a conversation then that’s the time you should move on. For me, it’s really okay to reach her out even though she’s not texting cause maybe she’s really busy or something happened. You should try for a week then decide for yourself.

JoseDePinho
    JoseDePinho
    Participant
    February 10, 2020 at 3:41 am #229342

I think you been ghosted, I know how you feel. But whatever you do, don’t message her, don’t make yourself look like you needy.

Vivi5
    Vivi5
    Participant
    February 10, 2020 at 8:45 am #229348
    Reply To: Have i been Ghosted? Should i text again

I personally think you could text her again and, if you keep finding no answer, leave it like that. But I don’t think you’ll look like a freak if you ask her out juste once more

billvm
    billvm
    Participant
    February 10, 2020 at 6:14 pm #229403

It was not just one date with her and she showed more affection by date 2 in kissing you and moving up the ladder to a dinner date. With that in mind, have you considered she might just be afraid to “take it to the next level”. Maybe cold feet or insecure or whatever.

So, yes, text her. I would suggest a more human approach, if possible. Talk to her, On the phone, Ask her if everything is okay and why she has become more distant. You do not know what is going on in her life or in her head, so bring matters to a head. In a nice way.

Get that answer before making the ghosting verdict.

Karl
    Karl
    Participant
    February 11, 2020 at 6:06 pm #229455

It is possible that you have been ghosted indeed. Whenever this happened to me and the person had the guts to tell me what happened, it was because she was interested in someone else, whom she has been dating/in touch with at the same time as me…

lenovo85
    lenovo85
    Participant
    February 12, 2020 at 9:18 am #229466

Not ghosted – She like me but has got scared apparently, said she not ready and needs to get over her last relationship……why was she even on a dating app if thats the case! Anyway nothing i can do about that situation so im just going to leave it there and keep dating. She wants to stayin touch but im not up for just sitting on the sideline so i’ll respond if she messages me but other than that im going no contact.

lenovo85
    lenovo85
    Participant
    February 12, 2020 at 9:19 am #229465

I got in touch turns out shes is scared and doesnt think shes ready. Clearly must be too soon since her last relationship im not sure when or how that ended but im guessing badly and within 6 months if thats how shes feeling maybe she was trying online dating in the hope to forget.

She wants to stay in touch i’ve agreed I’d like that but i wont be messaing her anymore as im not looking for a pen pal or to be placed on the side line. From experience you just end up in the friendzone and when they decide they are ready its because another guy has come along.

I’ll keep dating and see how things go maybe she’ll get in touch in a few months and if im still single i’ll consider seeing her again as we deff had a good connection.

lenovo85
    lenovo85
    Participant
    February 12, 2020 at 9:19 am #229436

Ok so it’s not a ghost situation – she likes me and is scared but also said she isnt ready to date again but wants to stay in touch. Think its too soon since her last relationship, i didnt dig.

Not much i can do about that really so im leaving it there, im dating to find someone, not get sidelined till they decide what they want.

From experience, in this situation you end up friendzoned and they decide they want to date when thy meet someone they want to date. I said i understand and can keep in touch but from where i sit, i’ll carry on dating and only reply when/if she messages me.

1 2