Have I been played?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Have I been played?

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2018 at 1:29 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    Elite Singles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    AFF.com Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

Single country girl
    Single country girl
    Participant
    April 9, 2018 at 6:51 pm #169953
    Have I been played?

I recently have been on 3 dates with the same guy, he was very chivalrous and seemed to focus on just me throughoutbour dates. The first 2 dates were just drinks and he kept saying how quick they kept going and how he had a good time. Our 3rd date was the cinema and this seems to be where it went wrong. I thought it went really well then at the end of the night he said let me know when you’re free so i said I would, I got a kiss from him too and then I messaged when I got home he read it but never responded. It’s been nearly 2 days and nothing, he’s been on social media too but not responded. I’d like to add he asked me on these dates directly after each one and they were all in he same week. We had a lot in common and he said so himself so why have I now been ghosted? Please help i just don’t understand this behaviour as he seemed really interested.. He turned off his WhatsApp last seen just before our first date too and hasn’t changed it back. Would love a man’s point of view! Help!

Single country girl
    Single country girl
    Participant
    April 9, 2018 at 6:51 pm #169954

I’m not stalker I just don’t understand this behaviour.

TCL1990
    TCL1990
    Participant
    April 10, 2018 at 12:21 pm #170061

Be liberal with friends and picky with relationships. Just put yourself in his shoes, if you didn’t text you back after two days it might mean you had respect for each other, but it didn’t ultimately mesh. Desree above me is right, listen to her advice.

momtotwokids
    momtotwokids
    Participant
    April 11, 2018 at 1:04 am #170133

It sounds like he probably is no longer interested. It is no reflection on you at all. Often times people date several people at a time to test the waters to see who they want a future with. This is not an unusual experience. Dust your boots off and get back out there. Your Mr. Right is out there!

hopelessinlove
    hopelessinlove
    Participant
    April 11, 2018 at 4:27 pm #170243

You’ve been ghosted unfortunately. Time to move on.

desiree81
    desiree81
    Participant
    April 11, 2018 at 7:11 pm #170281

Sorry to say but i don’t think he’s interested. It could be that he was talking to multiple women to see who would be better suited for him. I have been ghosted before and it really does suck when people are not just honest and say they are no longer interested. Unfortunately it happens a lot. You are still smart, beautiful, and charming regardless of his loss of interest. At some point you will find someone that’s suited for you. Good luck

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    April 11, 2018 at 8:29 pm #170282

You didn’t mention how you met this guy. Odds are he was dating multiple women. This is especially true if you met online.
    Three dates do not make for an “exclusive relationship”! Therefore many people do not feel obligated to act as if there is a breakup.

He may have had another date with someone whom he felt was more compatible with and decided to invest his time with her.
    Everyone has their own {mate selection/screening process} and “must haves list”.

Imagine a company looking to fill a key position. Not everyone who sends in a resume is contacted by the HR department.
    Not everyone who has a phone interview with the HR rep is passed to the hiring manager.
    Not everyone who has a phone interview with the hiring manager is invited to have a face to face interview and so on.
    The mistake a lot of people make in dating these days is assuming they are (the only one) being considered for “the position”.
    A guy might take you out on Friday and another woman on Saturday.

PatrickStar
    PatrickStar
    Participant
    April 12, 2018 at 9:09 am #170296

dashingscorpio hit the nail on the head. Time to move on, friend.

Brendon321
    Brendon321
    Participant
    April 13, 2018 at 1:48 pm #170502
    Reply To: Have I been played?

Didn”t understand what kind of behaviour is this

trapir97
    trapir97
    Participant
    April 14, 2018 at 2:08 pm #170554

Honestly he really just doesn’t seem interested.

miraculous_ladybug
    miraculous_ladybug
    Participant
    April 18, 2018 at 12:52 am #170926

honestly, sometimes there’s really no reason for being ghosted, guys (and girls) just sort of do it. either way, it’s never really a good sign and like other people have mentioned it seems like maybe he was just testing the waters.

msnycgirl
    msnycgirl
    Participant
    April 18, 2018 at 8:03 am #170936

I would not make any assumptions after two days. Is there an update now, 9 days later? If not then yes, he is simply not interested. No reflection on you, just remember the guys you decided to not follow-up with or date again (I’m betting you’ve even just stopped replying to them); it wasn’t that they were ugly or bad or smelly or whatever it is just that, for you, there was no attraction. Don’t take it personally and move on! 🙂

weywey123
    weywey123
    Participant
    April 18, 2018 at 3:03 pm #170993

yep she is not interested

MadJack
    MadJack
    Participant
    April 19, 2018 at 9:44 am #171062

forget and live on

matholimahlo
    matholimahlo
    Participant
    April 22, 2018 at 1:13 am #171348

Not interested or he’s playing a game, making you a little crazy. Imagine how happy you’ll be if he called again! Get the point?