Have I missed out on my opportunity?

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    October 10, 2019 at 8:59 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

StillToBe
    StillToBe
    Participant
    July 18, 2019 at 11:15 am #203924

After a few weeks at uni, I took this lady out to the beach in the evening. While there, something just wiped over me and my confidence just disappeared whereas at uni I was fine. I was very awkward but through that- we still had so many similarities and laughs. We both opened up on very personal things rather quickly, have very similar interests and temperaments (like to be alone) and she seemed to be looking past my awkwardness and overall had a good time. When I drove her back home, I asked her if there’d be a second date and she said she had a really fun time and enjoyed talking to me, but didn’t see it going anywhere romantic. I know this only because of my lack of social skills and I wasn’t mr. charming on the date, even though we had so much to connect with.. I strongly feel if we spent more time together and I got comfortable around her, we’d match up really well. At the end of uni, should I ask her to give me more time? I just wish she’d see past this initial phase of mine….

miguelmartinez99
    miguelmartinez99
    Participant
    July 20, 2019 at 4:41 pm #204058

Give it time. Connections arent made over a day. If by the third date there is no romance, you might want to move on.

FrRiese
    FrRiese
    Participant
    August 1, 2019 at 5:36 am #204667

I think her being that frank to you is a sign that, for the moment, she feels nothing romantic. She was honest, which is a gift to you, one that will make it easier to move on in the long run. But I wouldn’t try again immediately. Let water run down the river. Care for yourself, have a life, have plans, work for them. I guarantee you will be fine if you do that.