He broke up with me but he didnt

DATING ADVICE FORUM

Author
    Comments
  • Hayley Matthews Hayley Matthews
    DatingAdvice.com
    December 12, 2019 at 4:58 pm FORUM ANNOUNCEMENT

Hey DatingAdvice.com forum readers! Just a quick heads up that a few dating sites are offering a FREE trial to DatingAdvice forum readers. Try it now and meet local singles in just a few minutes! Here are the sites:

Site Who You'll Meet Today's Deal
    Match.com Casual dating for ages 18-65 Get FREE access
    EliteSingles Educated professionals 25 and older Get FREE access
    Adult Friend Finder Hookups, casual encounters Get FREE access

What are you waiting for? One mouse click could be all that stands between you and your next romance!

lissie9999
    lissie9999
    Participant
    December 2, 2019 at 1:24 am #225857

I was dating this guy, we’lol call him Cj. We dated for a while and things were great, I even had marriage in the back of my mind. He’s training to be a pilot right now and we both knew he’d be going to a different state for some of his schooling for a year and agreed to do long distance at the beginning of the relationship. Then… he decided he didn’t want to. He said he’d rather not put the stress in the relationship and break up now in hopes of getting back together when he gets back. We’ve been broken up for about two months now. We work together, we still hang out, we still have sex. But we talk less and aren’t very much in each others lives anymore. He should be leaving in the next month or so. I don’t know if I should wait for him when he leaves or not. And I don’t know if it was just an excuse to break up with me and not have the responsibility of being a boyfriend. I don’t know what to do or think ultimately.

dashingscorpio
    dashingscorpio
    Participant
    December 2, 2019 at 1:39 pm #225948

“We’ve been broken up for about two months now.”
    “we still hang out, we still have sex. But we talk less and aren’t very much in each others lives anymore.”
    “I don’t know if I should wait for him when he leaves or not.”

A breakup means either of you can have sex with other people and it’s not considered cheating.
    No one is “obligated” to consider the other person’s feelings or desires because you’re “free” to do as you please.

You’re NOT in a relationship! Therefore there is no one you should be “waiting for”.
    It’s not clear to me why you’re still having sex with your (ex).
    You’ve been demoted to being a “booty call” and you simply don’t know it!

There’s nothing wrong with having a “booty call” or “friends with benefits” if that’s what YOU want.
    However if you’re having sex with an agenda or hoping it cements your relationship you’re being a fool.
    The guy dumped you and still gets to jump your bones? Surly you must love yourself enough more than that!

Move on!